• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

RIP member Scott Wurcer

Cbdb2

Major Contributor
Just found out over at diyaudio.

His knowledge of electronics and no nonsense replies will be missed at ASR.

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
Scott was a dear friend- we visited each other regularly, drank a lot of fine wine, had a lot of great food, and some memorable conversations. I am very sparing with the use of the term "genius," but Scott was absolutely a genius, one of the very smartest people I've ever known, and a damn nice guy.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Oh no! :( There is a definite disturbance in the force with his passing. May his memories be a blessing for his family and everyone who knew him. What a great contributor to technology.

JSmith

Master Contributor
Quite a shame, RIP Scott. :(

Obituary;
Obituary for Scott Wurcer
Scott Anthony Wurcer, 74, of Cambridge, passed away peacefully at home on March 18th, 2024, surrounded by loved ones.
Scott was born February 1, 1950, in Milwaukee, Wisconsin to Harry and Edith (Domack) Wurcer. He graduated from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in 1973. He was named a fellow for his technical achievements and leadership at Analog Devices. He was passionate about his work, was a pioneer and made many contributions to his field.
Aside from his numerous innovations at work, he was an artist of many forms including Chinese brush painting. He loved world cuisines, the culinary arts, and had an eclectic taste in music.
He was an avid traveler, golfer, and enjoyed spending time with his family and dogs. He possessed a gentle nature, an open mind and an innate intellect.
Scott is survived by his wife of 37 years Madeline Kleiner, his children Rachael of Cambridge, Claire and her husband Scott Gilbert of Saugus, two stepsons, Joshua Goldshlag of Arlington and Jonah Goldshalg and his wife Michelle of Vienna, Virginia and three grandchildren, Maris, Hagen and Elin as well as a brother Steve and sister Susan.
Scott was a loving husband, father and grandfather. He will be greatly missed by the many friends and colleagues he has made over the years.
A reception in his honor will be held at 12:00 PM on April 20, 2024, at Cornerstone Cohousing, 171-195 Harvey Street Cambridge, MA 02140. In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the American Cancer Society or the MSPCA.

JSmith

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
RIP Scott, you Will be missed. :(

Hiten

I used to read his informative posts on DiyAudio.
RIP Mr. Wurcer.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Oh no! :( There is a definite disturbance in the force with his passing. May his memories be a blessing for his family and everyone who knew him. What a great contributor to technology.
Wise words from our ASR leader... Unlike any other. Thanks.

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Rest in peace Scott! My thoughts go out to his friends and family.

tubesguy

Scott, a fellow named Bill Gahl (you can Google his name and "60 Minutes") and I attended high school and college together back in the day. Those two are the smartest and most accomplished persons that I've had the pleasure of knowing, as well as absolute sweethearts. I'll miss him.

Top Bottom