• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Serious Question: How can DAC's have a SOUND SIGNATURE if they measure as transparent? Are that many confused?

pablolie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
This is precisely science… just replace “personal” by “collective” and you get its definition
It is absolutely not science. Aligned beliefs are not scientific method. You have to do some homework there.

Witches were not burned by scientific method. That is an ignorant thing to say. Nazis has zero scientific proof to go for the holocaust declaring other races inferior, They just had tragically ignorant "beliefs" that aligned.

Last edited:

Miguelón

It is absolutely not science. Aligned beliefs are not scientific method. You have to do some homework there.

Witches were not burned by scientific method. That is an ignorant thing to say.
Scientific method is no more than a method. The so called “conclusions” are in fact “hypothesis”. As a hypothesis cannot be verified by the method, just contradicted, it will be always a “belief”.
So science is a set of collective beliefs taken as universal truths.

pablolie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Scientific method is no more than a method. The so called “conclusions” are in fact “hypothesis”. As a hypothesis cannot be verified by the method, just contradicted, it will be always a “belief”.
You are either a troll or an uneducated idiot. Ignored. Goodbye. Adios Ignorante, no sabes absolutemente nada del metodo cientifico y aun menos de filosofia.

Miguelón

You are either a troll or an uneducated idiot. Ignored. Goodbye. Adios Ignorante, no sabes absolutemente nada del metodo cientifico y aun menos de filosofia.
Please, stick to english: maybe some people who don’t understand our language.

Regardless of my biological classification (troll or uneducated idiot), I’m making some philosophical digressions, not mines unfortunately, culturally existed before me… in Descartes “Discourse de la Méthode”

With a little touch of humor, I apologize if I offended you…

AdamG

Enjoy the Music your way…
Forum Donor
Never, impossible: NASA astronauts don’t believe in tea
That’s not entirely true. Us southern boys do like our Iced Tea on a warm summer day. We just don’t like it hot. Tea is tea regardless of serving temperature. ;)

Miguelón

That’s not entirely true. Us southern boys do like our Iced Tea on a warm summer day. We just don’t like it hot. Tea is tea regardless of serving temperature. ;)
Consider that as a fact scientifically proved!
If the ice tea should be prepared hot before freezing, an american teapot could exist, so the Russell assertion can be true and so on DACs can have different sounds! :)

Last edited:

AdamG

Enjoy the Music your way…
Forum Donor
Dial back the aggression please Sir. ;)

pablolie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Dial back the aggression please Sir. ;)
I am out of that discussion. Always entertained by the fact moderating best practices protect trolls and call out those who stand up against them, but that's the nature of internet forums. Trolls can troll pretending they are funny or dense.

If you want me to quit ASR, there's no better way than protect the "belief" of someone that claims science is nothing but a bunch of people agreeing on beliefs. I also think that defeats the purpose of this website, or it should remove the "S" from the brand. Read between the lines and the troll was attacking the science aspect of this site. I apologize for coming to its defense.

Last edited:

ahofer

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

sonitus mirus

I am out of that discussion. Always entertained by the fact moderating best practices protect trolls and call out those who stand up against them, but that's the nature of internet forums. Trolls can troll pretending they are funny or dense.

If you want me to quit ASR, there's no better way than protect the "belief" of someone that claims science is nothing but a bunch of people agreeing on beliefs. I also think that defeats the purpose of this website, or it should remove the "S" from the brand. Read between the lines and the troll was attacking the science aspect of this site. I apologize for coming to its defense.
Nobody wants you to quit ASR, except maybe Paul McGowan.

ahofer

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
1714263553940.png

Miguelón

Personally I’m not offended, I think it was just a communication error…

You started to participate in a point of a light and slightly comical philosophical debate, after some posts in which I was fortunately convinced by your collaegues that my thoughts were wrong and non-scientific on the question posted by the author.

So the context now seemed to be just some light comments about science, not statements against the forum or the scientific knowledge.

In a theoretical way, one thing that makes the scientific method very desirable is that no matter the person, one can ever have doubts of what is true or not, and the doubt is healthy for the method.

Is that Descartes called “methodological doubt”, so we can be free to apply it even to the method itself, as a meta analysis

Miguelón

Honestly, this sort of thing is why you were suspected of being a troll

Honestly, this sort of thing is why you were suspected of being a troll.
Maybe, I don’t care so much what I consider to be, but I’m sad for making Pablolie to be angry. Was not my intention, I apologized to him on my answer to his reply…

Jim Taylor

Forum Donor

Not necessarily true:

In a theoretical way, one thing that makes the scientific method very desirable is that no matter the person, one can ever have doubts of what is true or not, and the doubt is healthy for the method.

Theoretically, that is true. Theoretically, if I shot you in one foot with a 12 ga. shotgun and it hurt like hell, that does in no way prove that if I shot you in the other foot with a 12 ga. it would also hurt.

I really doubt that you want me to shoot you in either foot with a 12 ga. to see whether it would hurt ... right?

See? Some things go beyond simple "beliefs". :D :D

Jim

Miguelón

Not necessarily true:

Theoretically, that is true. Theoretically, if I shot you in one foot with a 12 ga. shotgun and it hurt like hell, that does in no way prove that if I shot you in the other foot with a 12 ga. it would also hurt.

I really doubt that you want me to shoot you in either foot with a 12 ga. to see whether it would hurt ... right?

See? Some things go beyond simple "beliefs". :D :D

Jim
Please don’t shoot me! As a cure for pseudo-intellectualism it will be a little excessive…

Top Bottom