• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What pets have you had? Post pics of your pets, previous or now. Why do I love my pet so much?

Multicore

Major Contributor
Some of you may have seen this before. Zeno is named after the philosopher with the 3 wonderful paradoxes that prove (not really) that motion cannot exists.

I wanted to snap him doing a Nipper impersonation in front of an old-timey Victor gramophone but I looked on ebay and cl and they were way more than I was willing to pay. After all, I don't need it to work to make a nice photo. So we used a Bose Soundlink Mini II instead.

IMG_2665(2).jpg

Last edited:

Pe8er

Forum Donor
Some of you may have seen this before. Zeno is named after the philosopher with the 3 wonderful paradoxes that prove (not really) that motion cannot exists.

I wanted to snap him doing a Nipper impersonation in front of an old-timey Victor gramophone but I looked on ebay and cl and they were way more than I was willing to pay. After all, I don't need it to work to make a nice photo. So we used a Bose Soundlink Mini II instead.
Such a handsome boy! What breed and how old is he?

This is Kobe! He's 3, he's incredibly patient and kind, and he snores. Love him to death.

Attachments

• IMG_5584.jpeg
    IMG_5584.jpeg
    328.4 KB · Views: 26
  • DSCF2243.jpeg
    DSCF2243.jpeg
    193.7 KB · Views: 25

Multicore

Major Contributor
Such a handsome boy! What breed and how old is he?
I like making up breed names for situations like this. For Zeno I like Yeehaw Junction Possum Hound. Perhaps he was borne a German Shepard but as a puppy changed his mind and decided to be a JRT. He's 3 years.

Our older dog is Lucy and she's a Prince Edward Island Goose Impersonating Retriever. I think that's no more silly than a Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever, which, it seems, is a thing. (What on earth is duck tolling? I had to read up on it.) Here she is late summer last year. She's 6 years.

20231017_104910.JPG

This is Kobe! He's 3, he's incredibly patient and kind, and he snores. Love him to death.
Nice photos! Cute puppy. Cuddly or standoffish?

OCA

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor

ryanosaur

Major Contributor
I like making up breed names for situations like this
Funny, that.
We have two rare beasts ourselves. One is the elusive West County Miniature Oreo Puma. The other is truly unique, a Quadrupedal Sweet Potato with Marshmallow Tipped Tail (also referred to as a Monochromatic Miniature Tiger).

Oh, and not to be outdone, there is also the Ninja-Dragon-Luv-Bunny-of-Dhooooom.

The last one is just Princessa.

:rolleyes:

Oh, and they all have about 17 other names, each.

:facepalm:

We should all be committed.

Pe8er

Forum Donor
Keep him out of helicopters. Is he a Pyr?
Ha! He's an English Cream Golden Retriever.

Nice photos! Cute puppy. Cuddly or standoffish?
Thank you. He's super cuddly towards me and sometimes shy of other people. Incredibly friendly towards all dogs except German Shepperds, because one bit Kobe in the face when Kobe stole his tennis ball.

IMG_4075.jpeg

OP
Doodski

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
except German Shepperds, because one bit Kobe in the face when Kobe stole his tennis ball.
I had a very big blond male German Shepherd that I trained/gave permission to fight as my bush dog and it was apparently a ferocious face biter. We lived way out in the country and a stranger's dog came running very fast and apparently attempted attacking me and before it got to ~30 feet from me my dog near instantly had it's face in it's jaws. It was over in seconds. The other dog survived but was for sure going to have psychological fear issues after. Was an amazing event to see and hear.

Pe8er

Forum Donor
I had a very big blond male German Shepherd that I trained/gave permission to fight as my bush dog and it was apparently a ferocious face biter. We lived way out in the country and a stranger's dog came running very fast and apparently attempted attacking me and before it got to ~30 feet from me my dog near instantly had it's face in it's jaws. It was over in seconds. The other dog survived but was for sure going to have psychological fear issues after. Was an amazing event to see and hear.
1712215553979.gif

Multicore

Major Contributor
I don't want to give your pose a like because, well, you know, such outcomes are regrettable. But yes, this sounds like dog stuff. How big was the stranger's dog and how big yours?

OP
Doodski

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I don't want to give your pose a like because, well, you know, such outcomes are regrettable. But yes, this sounds like dog stuff. How big was the stranger's dog and how big yours?
The strangers dog was heinz 57 medium/larger size dog my dog was a muscular big shouldered large shepherd like a working dog size shepherd and not like those skinny copper's patrol dogs one sees. The stranger's dog never had a chance and it was fortunate that my dog just set dominance and never ripped it to shreds. It was so fast that I almost missed it even occurring.

Multicore

Major Contributor
The strangers dog was heinz 57 medium/larger size dog my dog was a muscular big shouldered large shepherd like a working dog size shepherd and not like those skinny copper's patrol dogs one sees. The stranger's dog never had a chance and it was fortunate that my dog just set dominance and never ripped it to shreds. It was so fast that I almost missed it even occurring.
Yeah. Your dog did not need to fight, only to tell the other dog to get out or else. Some dogs, like some people, do sometimes need to be told.

It's the one pictured in your OP, right?

Multicore

Major Contributor

Why do I love my pet so much?​

That is a good and I think important question. We should try to answer.

I'm going to be vague and respond with two disjointed thoughts. First: love is a transitive verb. Second is dog specific: imagine leaving your spouse locked in the trunk of your car for an hour and how you'll be greeted you when you open it to be reunited.

OP
Doodski

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Yeah. Your dog did not need to fight, only to tell the other dog to get out or else. Some dogs, like some people, do sometimes need to be told.

It's the one pictured in your OP, right?
Yes, this is a stock photo and I would say my dog was larger and more stocky. This is the general idea though.
shep-kennel2.jpg

Top Bottom