• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Aune AR5000 Headphone Review

Rate this headphone:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 5 3.2%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 35 22.4%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 70 44.9%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 46 29.5%

• Total voters

Soria Moria

Just bought a pair. Excited to try it. :D
Screenshot_20231220-192706_Brave (1).jpg

IAtaman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I think because of the grill design and flat impedance curve, I thought these cans are planar magnetic. Somewhat surprised to see they are dynamic.

I personally think these are not really alternative to HD600 series, as the magic of 6 series is that they don't really need EQ. Maybe a HD560S alternative with angled drivers, apparently good spatial qualities and a metal build?

Soria Moria

I think because of the grill design and flat impedance curve, I thought these cans are planar magnetic. Somewhat surprised to see they are dynamic.

I personally think these are not really alternative to HD600 series, as the magic of 6 series is that they don't really need EQ. Maybe a HD560S alternative with angled drivers, apparently good spatial qualities and a metal build?
I'm buying them as an alternative to my 560S. These look prettier and might be more comfortable.

IAtaman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Hemi-Demon

It measures darn near exactly the same as the ZMF Caldera, for $300. The distortion performance looks great. It does seem that the post 2khz response sinks are becoming the preferred manufacturer reference tuning. Do consumers just prefer this response ( I don't)?

Egoist

It would be very interesting if you could measure their S17 Pro class A headphone amp.

Ajax

Forum Donor
I am personally against headphones that require an amplifier. It is like saying "it is a good car, but you need to supply the engine".

Car analogies are like Toyota Hilux - they always work no matter what.
I have a Toyota Hilux ..... and it always works :)

dogmamann

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Are we simply trolling these days? Recommending something AFTER eq is just plain nonsense, it's like saying "it's a good car, but you need to change the wheels and suspension"...
Can you change the wheels and suspension on a car by using a software which costs nothing ?

lewdish

Its actually quite decent. Prob the most neutral and modest tuning of any Chifi Dynamic Headphone ever. I actually think for $300 its not a bad deal. Def could use a bit more in bass to get it more flat but not bad tbh~

Top Bottom