• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Cant explain the effect of a Hi-end ethernet cable in the system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jystandwithhk

Dear all audios science view experts

I'm a new joiner to this forum and appreciate the input from the experts to explain a very strange experience i have had...

I got a chance to test a Hi-end ethernet cable which cost more than 10k usd, i have connected it from my router to the streaming device (aurender acs 10) which use usb connection to my DAC, I have tried both network streaming (tidal and qobuz) and played the local files which stored in the local storage in aurender, the result was stunning which definitely was the best sound i have ever heard in my system. However, i cant understand why the ethernet cable made such a big improvement even i played the files in the local storage... it doesn't make sense to me since the data signal is directly from the aurender streaming device to DAC by using the USB connection and didnt involve the ethernet cable between the router and aurender...

Someone told me it's due to the noise generated by the router and modem, and the ethernet cable has done something on the noise and shielding which made it sounds better, Base on this assumption, i have done a control experiment and disconnect all of the cables in my network modem and routers (included all ethernet and power cables) and isolated my stereo system with any network components, however, the result is far below the first scenario with that ethernet cable and all network equipment connected...

Im so frustrated and cant explain based on my knowledge... it's a black magic to me and dont know how the ethernet cable can enhance the sound quality of my system even no data signal passed through...Really appreciate the experts in this forum can help to explain

thanks
Joe

solderdude

Grand Contributor
Try the following:

Have someone else swap, or pretend to swap the different cables in a random order (use a coin or dice) and let that person keep score.
Then you try to listen which cable is being used and make notes. Just make sure you do not know what cable is being used.
Do 20 'attempts' and then compare notes.

Then, at least you ruled out bias as it appears as if you knew which cable was in use.

OP
J

Jystandwithhk

Yeah and i have done this test with 3 people for many times already, most importantly, one of them is my lovely mum who has no idea what we have changed :) the result is so obvious and everyone can figured out the ethernet cable is working in seconds, it sounds like i have upgraded my system from 20k to a 100k+ system in the showroom...

bogart

Forum Donor
Simple.

It is magic. Sell a kidney or 2 and buy the cable. You deserve it.
Yeah and i have done this test with 3 people for many times already, most importantly, one of them is my lovely mum who has no idea what we have changed :) the result is so obvious and everyone can figured out the ethernet cable is working in seconds, it sounds like i have upgraded my system from 20k to a 100k+ system in the showroom...
And it sounds like you're saving $70K on system upgrades. If you've done truly blind tests and find such an obvious difference, it likely is magical; perhaps you could sell it for more than the $10K it costs?

One caution - magical items tend to dissipate their magic over time, and you may not hear it anymore after a while.

OP
J

Jystandwithhk

Where do you live? That could have something to do with it.

Hong Kong which many people are fighting for freedom now
I'm really appreciate for the scientific explanations from the experts in this forum, thx again

Balle Clorin

Major Contributor
I have never heard if a 10K , not even a 1K network cable, so please post a link to it

OP
J

Jystandwithhk

And it sounds like you're saving $70K on system upgrades. If you've done truly blind tests and find such an obvious difference, it likely is magical; perhaps you could sell it for more than the $10K it costs?

One caution - magical items tend to dissipate their magic over time, and you may not hear it anymore after a while.

Thanks for your caution :)but im more interested in the scientific explanations about how the cables can change the sound, thx

OP
J

Jystandwithhk

I have never heard if a 10K , not even a 1K network cable, so please post a link to it

That is a Jundo ethernet cable by Dalby audio design
https://www.dasklang.com/joomla-pag...dio-meda-ethernet-cable-review-is-coming.html
This one is their entry grade Meda ethernet cable which cost 3.5k usd, Jundo is their flagship product,

Very limited production of their products, you can find some references on IG but they almost dont do any marketing at all and difficult to find on the market
https://instagram.com/dalbyaudiodesign?igshid=6ocycy1mzjio

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I'm really appreciate for the scientific explanations from the experts in this forum, thx again

I have one very well reasoned, entirely logical, scientifically sound explanation for your original post.

You probably won't like it though.

waynel

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
There is no good scientific explanation why the Ethernet cable effects your sound (other than psychological ones: placebo, bias etc.). It doesn't and in a double blind test no one would be a tell the difference.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
That is a Jundo ethernet cable by Dalby audio design
https://www.dasklang.com/joomla-pag...dio-meda-ethernet-cable-review-is-coming.html
This one is their entry grade Meda ethernet cable which cost 3.5k usd, Jundo is their flagship product,

Very limited production of their products, you can find some references on IG but they almost dont do any marketing at all and difficult to find on the market
https://instagram.com/dalbyaudiodesign?igshid=6ocycy1mzjio

At least half of it looks like very expensive S&M equipment. Im interested now!

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
There is no good scientific explanation why the Ethernet cable effects your sound. It doesn't and in a double blind test no one would be a tell the difference.

There is a very good explanation for their posting though.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
This one intrigues me. Audiophool toilet?

Dalby Audio Design dalbyaudiodesign  Instagram photos and videos.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom