• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping E30 DAC Review

fominator

JohnYang1997
And what kind of reboot did you mean? Only standby on/off fix it magically. That is why i think it's a power issue. And it's back after replugging power supply.

JohnYang1997

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Audio Company
Will they do it for me after year? I can only send a message. Will they reply? It's official Aliexpress store.
Since when have you had this issue? It's fascinating that another year is past. But I'm more happy to make you happy if the device has issues.

JohnYang1997

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Audio Company
What other hardware issue have you seen here? I'm not sure am I missing something?

fominator

Since when have you had this issue? It's fascinating that another year is past. But I'm more happy to make you happy if the device has issues.
Fascinating? What did you mean? Month ago. It started flashing very frequently after each boot! So is it possible to solve this problem after 1 year somehow?

fominator

What other hardware issue have you seen here? I'm not sure am I missing something?
Overheating sometimes. The device is too hot for normal using. And i think it's related to this samplerate flashing. Sometimes i hear noises when it happens.

fominator

My E30 after turning it off with automatic ignition when I turn it back on in tide from the Chromecast Audio the sample rate comes out on the screen but without emitting any sound.
I tried to restore it to factory settings without solving the problem.
To listen to music I always have to turn off the dac from the remote control and then turn it back on.

ShinMolina

After talking with two Aliexpress sellers, the only E30s available they have are 2103+.

After hearing some people have no issues with modern hardware, TVs and such I might en up buying one. If it doesn't work I can always swap my DX3 for SPDIF use and keep the E30 for USB use.

JohnYang1997

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Audio Company
Thanks. Maybe I missed it since the comment right next to it is a burnt unit. That issue is not a widespread issue as I know of. The person might have contacted the seller.

ShinMolina

Nice to know it is not widespread. It is currently selling for 110€ in Aliexpress. Even after the new EU rules for imports that include VAT seems like a good price. People my country are selling it for 100-105€.

misfits73

New member here, been reading the forum for a while but decided to join,glad to meet you boys.
I managed to acquired one of these second hand (s/n:2009) and i'm going back and forth with my heavily modded Teac UD-H01 using filter 4.
I find it digging deeper in the bass registers but a bit digital unless my ears will get used to it.
It sounds louder than the Teac but not that smooth, AK4493 vs PCM1795
For start i would like to ask if the filters make a difference to you (i'm into '80s metal music)
and if there is a way to improve my crappy i believe USB port of my ASUS p8Z68-pro mobo.
I feed it externally with an Iphone wall charger.

Cheers

kaydubbed

New member here, been reading the forum for a while but decided to join,glad to meet you boys.
I managed to acquired one of these second hand (s/n:2009) and i'm going back and forth with my heavily modded Teac UD-H01 using filter 4.
I find it digging deeper in the bass registers but a bit digital unless my ears will get used to it.
It sounds louder than the Teac but not that smooth, AK4493 vs PCM1795
For start i would like to ask if the filters make a difference to you (i'm into '80s metal music)
and if there is a way to improve my crappy i believe USB port of my ASUS p8Z68-pro mobo.
I feed it externally with an Iphone wall charger.

Cheers

It is a transparent DAC. It isn't affecting your bass.

ShinMolina

Transparent dac with filters?
The filters are only for 22 kHz and up (for 44.1 kHz sampling rate). They act as an antialiasing filter for frequencies above half of the sampling rate.

These types of filters should appear as transparent or offer minimal differences. Personally, I don't notice any difference changing these filters.

kolestonin

Hello

I will receive a Topping E30 in the next 2-3 which will be connected to my subwoofer.

I wonder if I can use the optical of the DAC in order to connect it with my smart TV as well.

I own a TCL C70 which has S/PDIF.

Will I be able to pass audio through me speakers while watching Netflix or youtube videos from my smart TV?

garson

Nice to know it is not widespread. It is currently selling for 110€ in Aliexpress. Even after the new EU rules for imports that include VAT seems like a good price. People my country are selling it for 100-105€.
It's 125e with VAT on audiophonics

raif71

Major Contributor
Really? Can they fix this? That is clearly hardware issue with power. Besides strange overheat in some situations. And other HARDWARE issues, described in this topic, that remain without answers.

JohnYang1997

I'm getting this issue too but after song is being played everything is fine. I'm connecting to a DAP, not to PC. I'm using E30 with L30 but yesterday I noticed something different. When I pause a song on the DAP, there was a loud pop sound on the headphone and the L30 light was blinking a couple of times. This happened every time I paused or stopped a song however after on/off both E30 and L30, I couldn't reproduce the L30 blinking but the E30 would still show the peculiar sample rate like in your video.

Possibly. Contact seller for a replacement maybe.
Then I would get the replacement with cs8416 instead of the akm4118 ;)

ShinMolina

Hello

I will receive a Topping E30 in the next 2-3 which will be connected to my subwoofer.

I wonder if I can use the optical of the DAC in order to connect it with my smart TV as well.

I own a TCL C70 which has S/PDIF.

Will I be able to pass audio through me speakers while watching Netflix or youtube videos from my smart TV?
Yes, it is possible to use the E30 with a TV via SPDIF. I currently have a ES9038Q2M connected to my TV with Toslink. My plan is to replace the board with an E30.

Be careful, some people have had problems with the latest revision of the E30 which includes a new SPDIF chip. Although, these problems have only appeared with old CD players for what I have read.

Top Bottom