• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Finding a good DAC/ADC for my system

Ciobi69

Hello everyoneI have a question. For days I've been inquiring about getting a pure audio interface or dac for my setup, now I have a recent sinto amp that from measurements looks bad (nad 758 v3i). Later I had tried a topping e30 I had elsewhere and it seems to be slightly better but the differences are almost inaudible just little stuff, what do you think about the dac factor? Because now on paper they all look very Performing even the cheap ones, my system is good i was thinking of getting a neumann mt48 that has really good specs, or a RME adi dac, a gustard. i mean a really good converter, whats your opinion about it?

Timcognito

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
E30 is a great DAC look into DSP for real gains in sound improvement. Maybe miniDSP Flex.

DVDdoug

Major Contributor
A DAC or ADC is about the last place to look for improvement. ;) Unless you've got a particular problem they are usually better than human hearing.

With an audio interface, my main "sound quality" concern would be noise from the microphone preamps.

...I don't claim to have golden ears but the only time I've heard a difference/defect from a "DAC" was once when I had a soundcard that made noise when the hard drive was accessed.

OP
C

Ciobi69

thank you everyone, myself i try to not have any preconceptions about dac, but got some friends that told me to ditch the avr and take a good dac for 2ch listening,haha

ModDIY

Addicted to Fun and Learning
thank you everyone, myself i try to not have any preconceptions about dac, but got some friends that told me to ditch the avr and take a good dac for 2ch listening,haha
They are not wrong.

Timcognito

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Does the AVR have Dirac or Audyssey room correction. Get your manual and play with those.

OP
C

Ciobi69

Soo i have to change my nad that he has 58 sinad might well for a separete minidsp flex or a good dac with dsp

Timcognito

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

NTK

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Later I had tried a topping e30 I had elsewhere and it seems to be slightly better but the differences are almost inaudible just little stuff,
Ha! Now you've experienced first hand the real difference between one of the worst measuring AVR DAC (SINAD 53 dB) and one of the best measuring standalone DAC (SINAD 112 dB).

OP
C

Ciobi69

Ha! Now you've experienced first hand the real difference between one of the worst measuring AVR DAC (SINAD 53 dB) and one of the best measuring standalone DAC (SINAD 112 dB).
That could be damn True, ahah i am looking for a very good dac now my kef blade May deserve better than a nad 758 ahhahaah

Timcognito

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I already have 2 very good mono amplifier parasound jc1 thanks
Then the WiiM Pro may be to your liking. Again big thread here.

Top Bottom