Recent content by maul

1. maul

Measurements and Review of Schiit Yggdrasil DAC

I thought some of you might be interested in Mike Moffat's, ahem, "colorful" response to some of these issues back in 2016 (in a now deleted thread interestingly enough): Interesting behavior and language for a person in his position. His response recently on Head-fi is more toned down, but...
  2. maul

Yes, and that's an obvious demonstration of human bias, and major subjectivity when it comes to what to criticize/accept. Most people have no problem accepting measurements if they show a device they love performing well. If they don't, then oh it can't possibly be the device itself, it must be...
  3. maul

Here's some info: https://www.innerfidelity.com/content/headphone-measurements-explained-square-wave-response https://www.innerfidelity.com/content/headphone-measurements-explained-square-wave-response-page-2
  4. maul

Well, I'm eagerly waiting an explanation beyond trying to discredit the equipment/method. Because on one hand Mike Moffat is saying it's horrible linearity and the Bifrost he used, for instance, must be broken... while at the same time atomicbob's measurements show the exact same thing for that...
  5. maul

It sounds like you're just in straight up denial at this point, because there were issues pointed out even in the Stereophile review. I would like to hear an explanation for how these measurements don't reveal issues however, if you want to oblige.
  6. maul

You clearly have an emotion attachment to the test results of equipment you're buying though. You have a Yggy/Freya, based on your Head-fi posts. (I own Schiit products too by the way)
  7. maul

From SBAF: "Bimby does not measure badly. It measures respectably for 16-bit entry level multi-bit DAC. And the fact that Amir paints the opposite picture incorrectly, with folks actually buying that, is only the tip of the iceberg." That's rich. I believe even their measurements showed it...
  8. maul

This straight up makes me angry. What a complete joke
  9. maul

Measurement and Review of Schiit BiFrost Multibit DAC

Even a broken clock is right twice a day - Zeos' listening skills are anything but trustworthy, quite the opposite. Tons of inaccuracies that don't match the frequency responses, etc. Not to mention he loves bloated, horribly distorted bass. So much so that he does such bizarre things like...
  10. maul

I think it's obvious that they're pushing multibit down to the cheapest price point possible, potentially without regard to performance issues. It's a great marketing tactic, "ours is multibit, everything else in this price range isn't" - instant differentiation. Their site is filled with...
  11. maul

Yeah, 4490 is the regular version - would love to see it for a delta-sigma comparison.
  12. maul

It'd be great to see a Bifrost 4490 in comparison.
  13. maul

Uptone ISO Regen Review and Measurements

Thanks, and I should clarify that it wasn't exactly "immediately" that I sold it. I spent a few weeks switching back and forth obsessively with it off and on in all sorts of situations, couple hundred times at least. I've been a classical pianist for 25 years and like to think I have decent...
  14. maul

Uptone ISO Regen Review and Measurements

I sold my Regen almost immediately a couple years ago, I was not happy with the difference in the sound, because there wasn't one. I kept reading all these people talk about "night and day" differences and it blowing them away, etc... whatever makes them feel better, I guess.
  15. maul

Budget DAC Review: Schiit Modi 2 ($99)

Could you measure it with spdif? Schiit has never had good USB implementation apparently, so it would really be interesting to see if there is a difference, with the Bifrost as well. Edit: I guess it's not the Uber version so it would only have USB, regardless I'd love to see the Bifrost...
Top Bottom