Recent content by Sal1950

1. Sal1950

Working too hard can give you a Heart Attack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack... My Heart Attack Story.

OUCH. Back in 1989 I was suffering the attacks that would have me crawling on the floor in pain, worst I ever experienced. Jan 1990 I finally agreed to the surgery to have my gallbladder removed.
  2. Sal1950

Audio Note speakers

Yes-sir, that's not High Fidelity. Developing components that can deliver a signal as close to a "straight wire with gain" has been the goal of true audio engineers since the dawn of recorded music. Step all over the signal as much as you like, but then please don't call it a High Performance...
  3. Sal1950

Spotify to launch 'Hi-Fi' CD Quality Tier.

If true then there is reasonable hope that we can get them to switch from the current lossy version of Atmos now being used at Apple and the rest to lossless TrueHD. The "2ch forever cult" has been harping on how bad streaming Atmos sounds (though it really doesn't) in an effort to condemn the...
  4. Sal1950

I find it hard to understand why Amazon would waste all that costly bandwidth and upsample everything to 24/192? 2+2-3.5 here o_O
  5. Sal1950

Evidence please ?
  6. Sal1950

HiFi Technology Flatlined Last Century

Can't argue with that. ;)
  7. Sal1950

Hafler DH-220 rebuild

Great, Welcome to Audio Science Review! It's always kool to have a new Floridian here, FL Rules. ;) We've lots of engineers here that may be able to help you with your DIY projects. Wishing you the best. Sal
  8. Sal1950

Unpopular Opinions in Music

I do hate using the term "hate". But one performer I really don't like and I haven't heard named here is, Taylor (pure snake-oil) Swift. I had no use for her when she first arrived in one of my favorite genres, country music, but I figured all the 13 yo girls would eventually tire of her and...
  9. Sal1950

Great ! All I've ever done with any kind of gambling was to lose my shorts. I put it in CD's now. ;)
  10. Sal1950

The best people watching I've ever experienced was at the horse racing tracks in the Chicago area. There just seems to be something about gambling and the ponies that seems to attract some of the strangest characters I've yet experienced. LOL
  11. Sal1950

Oh yea, I get all that and completely agree. But then I'm a lifelong car guy and there will never be another album dedicated to car culture like Little Deuce Coupe. Probably rightly so, who's gonna write songs dedicated to the overpriced look-alike crap boxes being built today? Unless you have...
  12. Sal1950

ROTFLMAO
  13. Sal1950

Agreed. I will only add that I refuse to actually PAY to go to any event that is going to dictate to me how I'm allowed to dress. A shame in that the musical experience might be quite enjoyable but because of the promoters "stick up their butts" attitude they can KMA. LOL
  14. Sal1950

And a "fake" Rolex on every wrist. LOL
  15. Sal1950

Audio Note speakers

BS. Save your fairy tales for the little children Matt. I ain't buying it.
Top Bottom