Recent content by salmo

1. salmo

Quick power consumption measurements of Topping E30 and E30 II Lite

I had a possibility to play some time with both Topping E30 and E30 II Lite. I like to play with power efficient stuff or optimize power consumption of PCs or my servers, so I made some simple measurements of power consumption: DAC mode with A-O setting (so with active auto ON/OFF mode) when in...
  2. salmo

Topping - E30 II vs E30 II Lite

Looks like they sell Topping DX1 there, it's a nice piece of hardware. Like staticV3 said - with the same DAC chip as E30II and E30II Lite.
  3. salmo

(Unofficial) Topping D50 III DAC review and measurements

Just wow, amazing little box! Great review and measurements! Kudos for power consumption data! ;)
  4. salmo

Differences between Topping L30 ii and A50s

Fresh stuff from Topping. :D D50 III & A50 III you have everything here on Topping's page.
  5. salmo

Open Ear Audio That Still Sound Ok But Allow For Situational Awareness?

I'm currently testing myself a KSC75 with a headband from Porta Pro that I had in my box with spare parts, and it's actually really nice! I definitely like them sonicaly waaaay better than the Porta Pro. Isolation from the environment is almost zero, I can easily talk to someone if I turn the...
  6. salmo

KOSS Porta Pro Review (On-ear Headphone)

I bought my pair for ~27$ at sale, for that price (and with EQ!) they usable when I need good contact with my surroundings or during summers. Also nice pouch included. All in all nothing special. ;D
  7. salmo

Post your own meme

Sorry, I must. ;D
  8. salmo

Topping L30 II or A50s VS standby/off power consumption

I will give Topping DX1 a chance for now. It's super small compared to Atom AMP! Really - we need more compact constructions like that (without battery and stuff). I use HD560s with EQ and -7,5dB preamp and in low gain my sweet spot volume is exactly at 3 o'clock, so still some headroom left...
  9. salmo

7Hz x Crinacle Zero:2 IEM Review

I tought exactly about Hexa but their shape is bizarre, haha. :D 7Hz Sonus looks pretty cool and have a good set of accessories for the price
  10. salmo

7Hz x Crinacle Zero:2 IEM Review

I really don't know if I want to test other IEMs, for that price they brilliant! I'm afraid that if I buy something 4-5x more expensive, it won't be worth the price. o_O
  11. salmo

Topping L30 II Review (Headphone Amp)

I checked power adapter (EU version) at local shop today - it sips ~1,7-1,8W without connected amp. Well, that's still a little better than Atom AMP wall wart. :p
  12. salmo

Right, somehow DX1 totally slipped of my mind, that's also nice option. It's like 'oversized dongle', but it does what it's supposed to do and has analog volume control. I didn't opt for the DX3 Pro+ precisely because of the digital volume control and 1dB increments, somehow I do not trust it...
  13. salmo

Hello Dear ASR! I have been wondering for some time between these two amplifiers. I'm looking for something decent and small (smaller than Atom AMP :D). Both L30 II and A50s are similar in size and I can buy them locally new for exactly the same price. The thing is... I'm a little obsessed with...
  14. salmo

Topping L30 II Review (Headphone Amp)

Someone know how much power consume power supply, when we turn amp off? Here we have AC power supply - like in Atom AMP - but there it sips ~3W even, when we turn in off. :facepalm:
  15. salmo

FiiO KA13 - new portable / USB dongle DAC & Headphone Amp combination

Yeah they rolling firmware upgrades really fast! I don't have any issues, so I stay on ver. 0.12. :D Tempotec Sonata HD Pro is great, but 16 steps volume control... oh boy. Sad that they didn't change it with some update.
Top Bottom