• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Quick power consumption measurements of Topping E30 and E30 II Lite

salmo

I had a possibility to play some time with both Topping E30 and E30 II Lite. I like to play with power efficient stuff or optimize power consumption of PCs or my servers, so I made some simple measurements of power consumption:

DAC mode with A-O setting (so with active auto ON/OFF mode) when in usage:
E30 - 2,3 W
E 30 II Lite - 2,6 W

DAC mode with A-O setting in standby:

E30 - 1,4 W
E30 II Lite - 1,6 W

Now the most important one - DAC mode with A-C setting (so with inactive auto ON/OFF mode) in standby:
E30 - 1,2 W
E30 II Lite - 0,0 W - below the measuring range, it's literally minimal! Even if I unplug power brick, orange dot continues to glow for about 3 seconds.

Looks like second generation on E30 made some improvements here. Sadly with L30 II we still have that huge AC-AC brick - yeah, it's easy and do exactly what it should, but it sucks 2-3 W doing virtually nothing. :confused:

AnalogSteph

Major Contributor
Sadly with L30 II we still have that huge AC-AC brick - yeah, it's easy and do exactly what it should, but it sucks 2-3 W doing virtually nothing. :confused:
Same for the AC supply that comes with an Atom Amp+ (almost 3 W doing nothing). Not the last word in efficiency even for a transformer job, but I guess there's not an infinite choice in factories still making these and their stuff is a bit rustic. It's not like this issue is trivial to fix either while keeping the benefits of a linear transformer.

Top Bottom