Search results for query: topping

1. Rottmannash

Review and Measurements of the Topping D70 DAC

To be honest it was Topping's flagship at the time, top of the SINAD charts, had every feature (and then some) I was looking for so it was a no-brainer for me. I haven't regretted it for a moment.
  2. thexfile

What are we listening to right now..

Billboard Top Hits - 1983
  3. G

Hypex Nilai500DIY Amplifier Review

Yes I am running it to a pair of Nilai stereo in low gain biamping my B&W 802 Nautilus with great results, replacing a Pass Labs X-250 for the last 15 years.
  4. CleanSound

E1DA Cosmos ADCiso Review

There is a 48v, 2.5mm, 4 pole trrs input you can use for power amps. But still need to proceed with caution.
  5. S

Topping LA90 Review (Integrated Amplifier)

Is there a similar graph for the TOPPING D90SE DAC (THD as function of the dB-on-the-screen) in its "PRED-amplifier" mode - and anything about its DAC mode to be able to comare with PRE mode?
  6. A

Hypex Nilai500DIY Amplifier Review

Do you use the RME with the Nilai. I'm trying to figure out what DAC or preamp I need to place the jumpers in mid or low gain. I know the Benchmark puts out up to 12 V. I was thinking about the RME and Topping D70 Pro. I know the D70 can put out 5.2V. I'm using my NAD C399.
  7. RayDunzl

Soaring

My PC broke, so I've been dealing with that, slowly, in case you missed me (unlikely). --- Nice flying on Wenesday 5/1/2024. Usually, I stay near (so to speak) my airport, but Wednesday's weather felt like I could go anywhere. I still remained within a calculated (it might not always work...
  8. SIY

Supply chain and inventory management is not a glamorous selling point.
  9. R

Designing Speakers For Music As You Would Experience It Live - Interview with Roy Delgado

There is no "top choice" of speaker, it depends on your use case, personal preferences of soundstage precision vs. width, whether you'll use a sub, if you have EQ available, etc.
  10. Jimster480

Realistically nothing makes them better from a sonic perspective. Theoretically if you are doing heavy EQ; better performance provides more headroom for adjustments. However the D70 is already so good that the difference is minimal.
  11. K

Help Shape Our Upcoming CD Player for 2024

First off all, thank you Fosi for listening to user feedback. In my opinion the perfect cd player would be in the form factor of the SMSL PL200 or the Shanling EC3. These devices cost upwards of 600 Euro, a lot of this price could be cut by removing BT capability, no dac and no headphone...
  12. A

You are reinforcing my point. I am pro Topping. Almost fan boy perspective. I am pro AKM. I interviewed with their USA plastics business entity five years ago when I was early retired against my will. Topping seems to be excellent at allot of company functions. Their feature... advantage...
  13. napfkuchen

PSB monitors?

According to wikipedia this song was mixed by Pete Gleadall, here is a recent interview with him where you can see his studio setup. The small speakers are IK Multimedia iLoud Micro Monitors. The medium ones seem to be Dynaudio (BM s.th.?), at least the woofer has their typical design, but no...
  14. pablolie

Unpopular Opinions in Music

The thing with classical music -and let's admit it, all of them- is that it is not a "you like one you like all" proposition. I'd say I am a classical fan, but I never listen to Wagner, for example, and I cannot take a single second of opera, sorry. I'd also say I love jazz, but never listen to...
  15. P

Topping Pre90 Review (preamplifier)

It would not make any sense to buy the PRE90. Opinion as to the difference in SQ varies.
  16. vicenzo_del_paris

boXem A series

@amper42 about the chassis temperature, the top of the new A series line chassis will feel warmer than other Boxem products by design, as smps and modules are mounted on top instead being mounted on the bottom. After a long running session, it is slightly warm but still way less than an AVR for...
  17. fieldcar

Is 96khz LDAC Bluetooth useless? Should LDAC be capped at 44/48khz to limit compression loss?

I think everyone is misunderstanding OP. He's questioning if raising/lowering the sample rate will minimize the compression artifacts of the LDAC codec. It's a fair question to ask given how running LDAC at 16-bit degrades the audio, and that LDAC defaults to 24-bit/96KHz. I'd personally run...
  18. A

GoldenSounds passes apparently ABX test for DACs (NOT Really)

On the part he is talking about the fact he is not comparing a topping and his holo dac because it is not remotely verifiable , it could be solved if people come over his place shoot a live video and verify the procedure . Who are gonna be these people ?
  19. amirm

GoldenSounds passes apparently ABX test for DACs (NOT Really)

It is not hard to show differences. I once tested a Topping against Schiit DAC. I played signals at very low level, something like -50 dB. I then boosted the levels to compensate. Difference was easy to hear although getting the parameters right to avoid amplification/capture noise was hard...
Top Bottom