Search results

1. Maiky76

KZ Castor Harman Target IEM Review

Here are some thoughts about the EQ. Please report your findings, positive or negative! Notes about the EQ design: The average L/R is used to calculate the score. The resolution is 12 points per octave interpolated from the raw data (provided by @amirm) A Genetic Algorithm is used to optimize...
  2. Maiky76

Small 2-way speakers with linear on-axis and power response characteristics (Scan Speak and SB Acoustics drivers). H&V off-axis measurements included

Sealed/closed that always works but the LF response takes a big hit (-6 to 8dB below 100Hz) and you'll still need a high-pass filter for power handling if a sub is added. As mentioned previously ~52Hz would be my personal target but that's just... me. By my calculation this PR with no added...
  3. Maiky76

Small 2-way speakers with linear on-axis and power response characteristics (Scan Speak and SB Acoustics drivers). H&V off-axis measurements included

Sorry brain fart!:facepalm: I started last night writing about the minimal port area thinking, it's DIY, so people are free to adjust the dimensions… Then this morning reading the comments about the difficulties to get the job done I though I should try to find something with a minimal amount of...
  4. Maiky76

I could not find a viable solution with the SB PRs (their fs are too low). However I think I found ways that could work out for those who already built the speaker with minimal change. @XMechanik, please correct me if I am wrong but the 8L specified seems to be the internal volume of the...
  5. Maiky76

The surface of the port is too small relative to the active surface of the driver (about 11%). Even at moderate SPL the air velocity in the port exceeds 5% of the speed of sound (343m/s) which is one of the criteria to dimension a port. The port will be non linear very quickly (as the SPL...
  6. Maiky76

@XMechanik, as I said in the EQ post that's a great effort with only off-the-shelf components and simple woodwork, I noticed that in your simulation the LF is not drooping as much as in the NFS data. Not sure why. Maybe near field measurement inaccuracy? The simulation of the 8L + tuning to...
  7. Maiky76

Mechano23 Open-source DIY Speaker Review

Here is my take on the EQ. Please report your findings, positive or negative! For the score rational your journey starts here Explanation for the sub score The following EQs are “anechoic” EQs to get the speaker right before room integration. If you able to implement these EQs you must add EQ...
  8. Maiky76

Sonic Lamb Headphone with Subwoofer Review

Not a new concept: just from the top of my head: https://www.skullcandy.com/products/crusher-anc-2-sensory-bass-headphones-with-active-noise-canceling Here are some thoughts about the EQ. Please report your findings, positive or negative! Notes about the EQ design: The average L/R is used to...
  9. Maiky76

Sennheiser HD 490 Pro Headphone Review

no data? The data hereafter is scanned so the presented scores are only (probably good) approximations Here are some thoughts about the EQ. Please report your findings, positive or negative! Notes about the EQ design: The average L/R is used to calculate the score. The resolution is 12...
  10. Maiky76

Revel F206 Tower Speaker Review

Here is my take on the EQ. Please report your findings, positive or negative! For the score rational your journey starts here Explanation for the sub score The following EQs are “anechoic” EQs to get the speaker right before room integration. If you able to implement these EQs you must add EQ...
  11. Maiky76

Hifiman Ananda Nano Headphone Review

All correct. However, the "machine" achieves a better compliance with the target. It has to do with the regression slope i.e. the machine fully compensates for the LF while the trough at 10kHz remains untouched producing a steeper slope resulting in a marginally lower score. Anyways the scores...
  12. Maiky76

Hifiman Ananda Nano Headphone Review

Here are some thoughts about the EQ. Please report your findings, positive or negative! Notes about the EQ design: The average L/R is used to calculate the score. The resolution is 12 points per octave interpolated from the raw data (provided by @amirm) A Genetic Algorithm is used to optimize...
  13. Maiky76

Ascend Sierra-1 V2 Speaker Review

14. Maiky76

KEF R11 Meta Tower Speaker Review

Here is my take on the EQ. Please report your findings, positive or negative! The following EQs are “anechoic” EQs to get the speaker right before room integration. If you able to implement these EQs you must add EQ at LF for room integration, that is usually not optional… see hints there...
  15. Maiky76

Verum Audio Verum 1 Review (Headphone)

My EQ are based on the data measured by Amirm (OP). The graph in my post directly shows the difference in frequency response, once equalized, between the EQ that I propose vs. what Armim devised and the stock headphone. Check the legend in the graph. One of the differences is that the EQ I...
  16. Maiky76

Hifiman Ananda Stealth V2 Headphone Review

17. Maiky76

Tanchjim Origin IEM Review

18. Maiky76

Polk ES60 Tower Speaker Review

Here is my take on the EQ. Please report your findings, positive or negative! The following EQs are “anechoic” EQs to get the speaker right before room integration. If you able to implement these EQs you must add EQ at LF for room integration, that is usually not optional… see hints there...
  19. Maiky76

Wharfedale Denton 80th Anniversary Speaker Review

Top Bottom