Search results

1. J

Super Skyhawks

One of my favourite aircraft has always been the Douglas A-4 Skyhawk, an aircraft which would seem impossible in the modern defence industry in having achieved its specification without turning into a monumental bit of over-priced flying bloatware and which was a very pretty little jet. And the...
  2. J

Fashiophools

For some reason this one just sums up my week at work this week: https://www.msn.com/en-sg/lifestyle/other/balenciaga-criticised-for-selling-filthy-garbage-sneakers-for-s-2-590/ar-AAXsU2r?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=50972711e93247b79ba87f2501cda1cb
  3. J

Does Decathlon know something we don't?

Spotted on a bike in Decathlon, I don't want to worry anyone in Belgium but it might be worth keeping an eye on any military build ups near the border......
  4. J

My trip down the memory lane of Singapore

My first visit to Singapore was in 1990 as an engineer cadet working onboard container ships. At that time the container port was in Tanjong Pagar which was great for going ashore as it was very close to the down town areas and there were plenty of eateries, shops etc within a short walk of the...
  5. J

Blue Sadie Headphones

I am not these days given to audio gear acquisition, I am happy with the gear I have and almost all of my real music listening is via my smartphone dongle and Etymotic ER4SR IEMs which I find entirely satisfactory. I use a Steelseries Arctis Pro headset during the day when working from home as...
  6. J

Happy Lunar New Year!

To all virtual friends, today is the Lunar New Year, so from sunny Singapore please let me say Xīnnián hǎo!! or Gong hei fat choy!! (I speak neither Mandarin nor Cantonese but hopefully the above covers both cases). This is our first New Year in Singapore, and being largely a Chinese city it is...
  7. J

Classic cameras

The mirrorless design thread seems to be morphing into a discussion of classic cameras, so it might be nice to have a thread for the subject. I love classic cameras. To be clear, I'm not going to try and claim classic film cameras are better, and I'm certainly not going to pretend I want to...
  8. J

Austrian Audio Hi-X55 headphones

Hi-X55 for sale in Singapore, happy to arrange local pickup in downtown or Jurong. Mint condition but unboxed, please see photos. 220SGD. PayPal preferred.
  9. J

Mirrorless design

I remember when Minolta introduced their APS SLRs and moved the view finder to the upper side of the body and eliminating the centre prism, taking advantage of possibilities offered by the APS dimensional changes. It never seemed to catch on for SLRs and APS happened at the end of film, but now...
  10. J

Grey market cameras

I know this can be quite an emotive topic and elicits strong opinions, but it's quite an elephant in the room of several interests of mine (cameras and watches especially). It was brought to mind last night as I had a look at the Nikon Z50, Z5 and Z6 in a Nikon authorised dealer. The dealer was...
  11. J

Warranty support

Something which may be worth noting is warranty limitation. My wife uses AKG N200NC IEMs which she likes a lot (I have to admit, although the tuning isn't my ideal they do what they do very well and are excellent). They recently died, being six months old I contacted the UK seller who said to...
  12. J

Sub-woofers in apartments

Apologies if this is a dumb question, but is there a way to use sub-woofers in apartments without annoying those above and below? This wasn't really an issue for me before but we are now living on the 12th floor of an apartment building and given the mobility of low frequency sound I don't want...
  13. J

Ultrasone S Logic

Does anyone have any information on the Ultrasone S Logic technology please? I have read the marketing material but that doesn't convey much other than trying to sell it. The only model I've ever been able to listen to isn't sold as an Ultrasone model, but the Adam SP5 is made by Ultrasone for...
  14. J

Shanling M3S for sale

For sale, good clean condition, full working order with box, paperwork etc. Nice DAP with balanced and SE output, 132mW at 32ohms amplifier, single card slot and no internal memory. FULL DISCLOSURE - I am selling this because I see no benefit over the Samsung Galaxy S10 and Sony Xperia XZ...
  15. J

Monoprice M1570

Has anyone had an opportunity to listen to these? They look to be an interesting product, in terms of appearance they look like the offspring of an encounter between a pair of Focal headphones and an Audeze LCD with a bit of HiFiMan in the mix somewhere. Whilst not cheap (funny, not that long...
  16. J

Orb Jade to go

Has anyone tried this model? It was linked to me in one of those banner adverts, probably because of my browsing history drooling over audio jewellery and headphones (even though I am not buying it's nice to look) and this one struck me as odd. The thing sells for £400 in the UK and the states...
  17. J

Bluetooth headphones - a non-audiophile type headphone for a change

For Christmas my daughter (11) wanted some headphones and expressed a liking for Marshall headphones (actually Zound, the Marshall bit is just a license agreement between the two companies). Having seen the Marshall Monitor BT model on Amazon for £98 I got her those. These are not the usual ASR...
  18. J

Best voice activated smart speaker

My boy wants a smart speaker for Xmas and I am thinking of also buying one for the kitchen. I am a bit of a luddite when it comes to things like Siri and Alexa (I never use it), looking around the three options appear to be Siri, Google or Alexa. These are not for me and the boy and my wife are...
  19. J

Coming full circle

This is my own story as a sometime audiophile(phool) and music lover, so please feel free to move on if you don't want to read my inane ramblings. Many years ago I swallowed all of the subjectivist nonsense and fancied myself as a golden eared aficionado of boutique gear as I dreamed of one day...
  20. J

Interesting video

Might not agree with everything but worth a watch:
Top Bottom