Search results

1. RenPa

Poll: How do you primarily listen to audio at home?

5.1 excep,t for music: plain old style stereo!
  2. RenPa

Anthem AVM90 AV Processor Review

I would wish you could have the chance to test Arcam AVR21 more recent model. Shipping my own is too scarry for me unfortunatly. Are you not an Harman company so maybe one day?. Mine came back from repair under warranty (long story not interesting) but if someone her could explain to me this...
  3. RenPa

Active Room Treatment (ART) by Dirac

so @TimoJ maybe you can confirm what I said in an other forum. If Monoprice can do it in his existing product there is hope for us no HTP1 owner to get Dirac in our receiver which can manage DLBC already. You can't know if the dsp capabilities are the same but stil have a thought?
  4. RenPa

Hearing and hearing aid recommendations

I also recommand Widex moment but remember that you must put it every day and it may take 6-10 months before toget use to it.
  5. RenPa

Hearing and hearing aid recommendations

First find a professionnel member of his board of audio logist. Second speak a lot whith him after your audiogram. Teh best aid depend a lot of your probelm. Mine is the most difficult a v shaped at 4 000Hz and top at 2000 ant top at 8000. I am 66 with Widex moments. Good but it will never...
  6. RenPa

Amir's 2023 Pacific Audio Fest Report Continued

oh man! no serious people in there except Amir...
  7. RenPa

Extreme Snake Oil

unbelivable...
  8. RenPa

McIntosh MHT300 AV Receiver

I would be very interested to know if it is DLBC available.
  9. RenPa

Arcam AV40 AV Processor Review

In AVR 21 lowest Vol value is 0 : each satellites Dead silent even at 1 inch with film playing or not, FEW thanks!
  10. RenPa

to be sure I understand , the noise floor you spoke about is my SPL measurement of the quiet room before running sweep with rew isn't it? I usually got around 45dB 49 dB before measurements.
  11. RenPa

I only found this review after I bought my AVR21. I was afraid that I had made a mistake because of the poor results of the AVR10 and AVR40 but, is it a mistake to associate these 2 models with the one I bought. In other words, would there be enough difference between AVR21 and those tested to...
  12. RenPa

Is a seperate dac worth it?

so you mean that objectively there is no difference between DAC? To answer your question, vol is set at 62 in the receiver and I swicth with remote between hdmi input and cd input in an instant, those 2 inputs coming from the CXU
  13. RenPa

Is a seperate dac worth it?

I have a Arcam AVR 21 and Cambridge CXU dvd/cd player (same as Oppo 205) and 5.1 system with B&W speakers and 2 SVS subs. When I listnen music, I prefer my cd and old stereo fashion 2.0 only no Dirac, no bass management. I read the Arcam AV40 and AVR10 review here. Although mine is AVR21 serie...
  14. RenPa

Extreme Snake Oil

WWWWWOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH! I can't stop, please pinch me someone
  15. RenPa

Extreme Snake Oil

have you seen that?????????????????? SRX Speaker Cable specifications: MSRP $29,995 / 8ft. Available in standard or with...
  16. RenPa

eH oui! @TimoJ If I remember correctly DL Art took the place or replace DLBC isn't it? ( we could have 4 options: Off, Upmix, Full and, ART) If so, 20% more processing from what Dirac does is not a problem; it means 20 % more than DL not than DLBC, no?
  17. RenPa

I am light years away from being an expert but I have been reading a lot for the last 10 years. I had a nanoAvr miniDSP a long time ago that had Dirac in hdmi between a blu-ray and the receiver and it turned out that the design was flawed with respect to audio science. The speakers should be...
  18. RenPa

New MKII Rotel home theater products add Dirac Live room correction

The delay problem I spoke of is not the sync delay between video and audio (if I understand you correctly). It is the much more serious and fundamental problem of distances settings between each speakers relative to MLP. You put the laser measured distances and the impulses of speakers are...
  19. RenPa

New MKII Rotel home theater products add Dirac Live room correction

RSP and RAP 1580 mkii are now discontinued models My recent experience with RAP was not good I return the unit because of faulty delays implementation. Delays settings or with Dirac filters on the unit put wrong delays and Rotel is supposed to work on a firmware update....
Top Bottom