Search results

1. CleanSound

Spending big bucks on HiFi Audio

This topic came up few time on other threads. Why is it not acceptable by our society (and wives) to spend big bucks on HiFi audio (or any other lesser practiced hobbies) when it is acceptable to spend $75k on a new car or have second car as a hobby car? Is it because HiFi is an obscure...
  2. CleanSound

Erin's KEF Blade 2 Meta review.

Someone beat me to it again https://audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/kef-blade-2-meta-review-by-erins-audio-corner.53318/
  3. CleanSound

What is your level of expertise with REW?

Just a fun poll to gauge the level of REW expertise amongst the ASR community. Amir started a muti-post thread on REW how to a long time ago, but I think he got busy and never finished it. There are resources elsewhere on the internet, but I have yet find many resources that shows you how to...
  4. CleanSound

FS/NY, NJ, PA - Home Theater PC - $70

This is a Home Theater PC. I upgraded and have taken out some parts out of this PC, it's got 16GB RAM, Core i5 4570 and a 120GB SSD and power supply. The motherboard is from a HP, which I moved into this case. It is fully functional, but you may want to add an optical drive and perhaps a...
  5. CleanSound

How to look for room modes in REW measurements

Hi All, I've played around with REW many years ago, but I am now just getting serious into REW after spending tons on a decent mic and audio interface (I know I don't need to, but I was already buying it for something else). I must say that this software is very sophisticated and it's not for...
  6. CleanSound

Erin's review on the PS Audio FR10

Never mind, duplicate post. See below Thread 'PS Audio sent Erin their speaker??!!' https://audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/ps-audio-sent-erin-their-speaker.52732/
  7. CleanSound

Opening up a small boutique HiFi shop in retirement?

Ok, first off, I am far from retirement age. But I am day dreaming of what I will do in retirement should I be fortunate enough to be able to retire given the ridiculous cost of living. One of the things that comes to mind is maybe I can open a small boutique HiFi shop. I would use this shop...
  8. CleanSound

Gain matching explained

Hi All, I couldn't find anything on ASR on the explanation of gain matching. If it exist, can someone link me and then I will delete this post. Or link me to any resources on the internet. TIA!
  9. CleanSound

Master thread on building an affordable and high performing audio analyzer utilizing the E1DA Cosmos ADCiso (crowd sourced)

[Admin/Moderator - If there are any changes you would like to see, please let me know.] [Last Updated (mm/dd/yyyy): 2/23/2024] [Iteration of this post: 2] Hi All, If you are a regular ASR member, you will notice that many members here uses the E1DA Cosmos ADCiso as part of a high precision...
  10. CleanSound

Perlisten Owners' Lounge - Discuss all things Perlisten.

Hey All - I want to create a thread for Perlisten owners. The purpose is to discuss all things related to Perlisten speakers, including but not limited to: Optimal placement Proper amplification Other equipment/brands that works well with Perlisten New products from Perlisten Or for those who...
  11. CleanSound

APx516B

Discuss, discuss. https://www.ap.com/analyzers-accessories/apx516b/
  12. CleanSound

SVS Ultra Evolution

SVS is one of those companies that leaves me on the fence. They do appear to employ science, but doesn't look like they employ a lot of deep science. From there website, they have a picture of their speakers in an anechoic chamber, but they don't publish much measurements on their speakers...
  13. CleanSound

Need recommendations on replacing a Bose Lifestyle.

Ok, my father in-law has a 20 year old Bose Lifestyle 38. The speakers and sub is custom in-wall and in-ceiling installed when he had his home built, 20 years ago. The Bose speakers are powered by the subwoofer as the subwoofer has a multi-channel amp built in; the multi-channel signal to the...
  14. CleanSound

Audio electronics measurements and time domain

I have a question, my academic background from over 20 years ago is in digital EE, and the time domain is obviously very relevant in digital circuitry (i.e. clock speed), so I have a question for the analog EE experts out there. When it comes to electronic audio measurements, we say we are able...
  15. CleanSound

Show us your audio tweaks, mods and extras

I've been wanting to start this thread for a while, finally decided to. Show us pictures of your audio tweaks, mods and extras! The purpose of this thread is (1) mostly to just shoot the breeze, have fun and to start a conversation to pass some time and (2) to share ideas with others, maybe...
  16. CleanSound

What advice you wish you could have given to your younger self or someone new to this hobby?

EDIT: After this thread has been around for a while, I realized that some of these are not advice one can give to their younger self as certain things didn't existed back then (such as spinaroma.org). So I am changing this to advice one can give to your younger self or to those new to the...
  17. CleanSound

Class D amp and SMSP coil whine?

I have a pair of SVS SB-3000, they both suffer from very minor coil whine. It bugs me, because I am OCD like that. My experience with electronics with PWM technologies such as Class D amps and switching power supplies often times suffer from coil whine. Yet, I also have a DIY Hypex NC500...
  18. CleanSound

Spotify to layoff 17%

I wonder how this will affect their Hi Res offering to that's been in the works for years. https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-news/spotify-lay-17-employees-read-full-memo-ceo-daniel-ek-sent-staff-rcna127868
  19. CleanSound

Share your fancy cable management method/system

Those who have OCD like me or just super organized, share your cable management method/system with everyone. Here is mine. I purchased these server rack cable highway from Amazon: https://a.co/d/cX83Q3y And bolted them on my AV rack. Very custom solution, but it's very effective.
  20. CleanSound

What service do you use to watch TV?

I've cut my cord for over a decade now, but beginning to find less and less to watch on TV, curious to know what other's use to watch TV balancing content and cost.
Top Bottom