Search results

1. df00

Minidsp Flex Review (Audio DSP)

this is excellent news. thanks
  2. df00

KEF LS50 Meta Review (Speaker)

Hi meracus, I found the measurements I took last year. I've since sold the LS50. These measurements were done using the moving mic method. Red trace is without EQ, green trace is with EQ. I think the Meta is more about re-voicing than the actual material located behind the driver? Really?
  3. df00

Hi all, I'm also thinking of using the FLEX directly to an amplifier. 2 questions please... 1 - if there any thump or popping when turning the FLEX on or off with the amp on full gain? 2 - is there any way to get a 12v trigger signal out of this thing, maybe with a small modification, to turn...
  4. df00

Am I the only person who absolutely hates having to cycle through inputs? I was seriously considering the flex for my second system until I discovered that unlike my 2x4HD, you can not learn a remote command for each input. In the FLEX you only get one "source next" assignment. That's...
  5. df00

Has anyone upgraded from a miniDSP 2x4HD to FLEX? If so, did you notice any improvement in sound quality, and can you elaborate on this a bit? According to Amir the FLEX measures quite a bit better, but can you actually hear the improvement? My 2x4HD is in the tape loop of my Bryston/JBL...
  6. df00

Review and Measurements and miniDSP 2x4 HD DSP and DAC

I've been using the 2x4HD for a few years. Your noise level will depend on how you are using it. I only use it for EQ and DAC operation. When in the tape monitor loop of my Bryston B60, I don't hear any noise at all because I have the main volume after the minidsp. The 2x4HD is a godsend for...
  7. df00

So I wonder how much of this improvement is the meta absorption material vs. a crossover redo?
  8. df00

"I was not a fan of the original..." I purchased the LS50 after reading all the rave reviews people gave it on the internet and was thoroughly disappoint with it. Nice to see that I wasn't the only one that was not a fan. Wish I had returned them within the return period, but missed it. Oh...
  9. df00

Popping sound when switching bitrates with su-8

I've owned my SU-8 for about two years, and for me this popping sound when switching bit rate just started happening a few months ago. Maybe a Volumio update caused it? I've always used the same usb2 port out of my RPI4. The other culprit could be something wearing down in the SU-8 itself?
  10. df00

SMSL SU-8 Version 2 Balanced DAC

Hmmm. I just connected my Mac mini to the SU-8 via USB and I'm not having the same issue. The Mac reconnects with the dac instantly after I cycle through the dac inputs. So it looks like it's a Volumio concern after all. But still, why the mindsp doesn't cause this on Volumio? weird.
  11. df00

Hi All, been using the SU-8 for about 14 months and extremely pleased with the sound of this unit. The other day I discovered an unpleasant feature and would like to share in case anyone has any suggestions. I've been using only USB input until a few days ago, when I connected optic, and...
  12. df00

Wondering if anyone experienced problems with the remote volume control on this unit. Appologies if this has already been discussed and I missed it. When I lower the volume a bit, then go to raise it, it continues to lower. Eventually the up volume works as expected, but occasionally the...
Top Bottom