Search results

1. E

Replacing this Op-Amp with a Preamp with better GBW

Hi, I have this circuit part with MCP607 (see attached file) which has limit of only 2 kHz bandwidth at gain of 101. Or only Gain Bandwidth Product of less than 200 kHz. What would happen if I'd use an existing preamp (the only preamp I owned), that is the E1DA Cosmos APU with gain of 34 (50X...
  2. E

Butterworth Circuit Simulator or Calculator

I'd like to simulate this in a circuit simulator software (the circuit at bottom with one op-amp). Which circuit simulator can do this? Also is there an online 3rd order Butterworth (with one amp) calculator which can also produce the output given all the resistor and capacitors inputted? Can...
  3. E

Why DC input can damage audio devices?

According to Ivan of E1DA. DC input can damage the ADC, APU or Scaler. Can DC input damage audio devices generally? Like can the Focusrite Scarlett, Behreinger, M-Audio be damaged too? Why can DC input damage it? What levels of DCs? even millivolts? And what protection or circuit can be put...
  4. E

analog filters vs software filter/editing

Can you give examples where analog filters can do things that can't be done by any software filter? By software filters are meant after the analog signals got into the ADC (Analog to Digital Converters). I mean, back in the 1970s. They used sharp audio band filters or LCR band filters and then...
  5. E

mic preamp in cheapest USB sound card

All cheap USB sound card adaptor or cards have microphone input enough to drive a dynamic microphone. I wonder what is the preamp chip used inside and the gain. Any idea? Also how do you test the maximum gain in -dB? I also heard some explaining USB sound card doesn't have any preamp but just...
  6. E

Dynamic Range and Noise Floor

I read that: " In its purest form, dynamic range in music production is simply the decibel (dB) difference between quietest and loudest sounds in a mix or audio file. Therefore, songs with a wide dynamic range will have a larger gap between the loudest sound and quiet sound compared to songs...
  7. E

Buffer amplifier

Hi, are there commercially available buffer amplifiers where the gain is 1 but the input impedance is made very high and the output impedance very low? This is very common needs so there must be some products, isn't it? And also very minimal distortions like 0.000008% Or do all buffer...
  8. E

Preamp with lowest distortion and output impedance

Hi, What preamp that is not expensive with the following charaacteristic: 1. Can accept signal from 0.15V to 0.5V and amplify them to higher voltages 2. Has low Total Harmonic Distortion and won't change the frequencies. I need to use spectrum analyzer and don't want the frequencies distorted...
  9. E

Time-Frequency spectrum analyzer app

Hi does anyone know a time-frequency audio analyzing PC software like the following but either free or affordable? I need it to be real time too. I think the above needs a main program (OriginLab) which is expensive. But if you know of others, just share how good it is even if it is...
Top Bottom