Search results

1. A

Review and Measurements of Sound BlasterX AE-5

I have already replaced my cables, not completely certain, but I think it had a very minor effect. Before I digitally increased the volume for the front channels in the calibration settings, I kept my speakers at about 40% volume, and the buzzing was audible when no sound was playing. It was...
  2. A

Review and Measurements of Sound BlasterX AE-5

Not sure if this is the best thread for this but since I'm not sure where to post it, I'll try here. Please notify me if I need to move it or re-post it in a different forum. I purchased this card based on the review here, however, I discovered that it seems to be picking up some kind of...
  3. A

A small portable DAC/amp or something else?

Come to think of it, the IDEA/Da2 might be a bit too power-hungry. Not sure if my phone won't simply cut them off. The X4/Da1 seems to require 80mA in idle and 100mA at full volume, according to a Russian blog post. So that's a bit better. The K1 supposedly requires only 50mA so it seems my...
  4. A

If the Da2 is really identical to the IDEA, I can go for that perhaps. My point was that if the IDOL+ and X4 also have low output impedance and decent measurements, they would do the job as well so no need to go for the IDEA. Like I said, I don't care about "Hi-Res" audio, DSD, and other...
  5. A

Not sure to what you are referring with that "10 dollar difference". I'm not in the US, I'm in Eastern Europe. The SMSL IDEA is 73 GBP (94 USD) on Amazon, whereas the Sabaj Da2 is 48 GBP (62 USD). That's nowhere close to a 10 USD difference. For comparison, the SMSL IDOL+ is 33 GBP (42 USD)...
  6. A

The SMSL IDEA is still beyond my budget. The Sabaj DA2 is more acceptable in terms of price, but is it certain that it is actually identical to the IDEA (except for the shell of course)? What about the SMSL X4 or IDOL+? I'm under no illusion that they would measure as well as the IDEA, however...
  7. A

It would seem I need to remind you that the budget is low. I've already seen countless LG <insert model here> recommendations. I've seen they measure well on GSMArena, but I haven't looked for any output impedance measurements elsewhere, because those phones are way out of my budget.
  8. A

Unfortunately no. I need the devices I carry to be as few, as small, and as light as possible. Thank you for the reply, but if I'm going to buy a phone, it will be a brand new one. Also, I'm going to be using low-impedance (16-32 Ohm) head/earphones. I'm going to ask for an exchange of the...
  9. A

Hello, audio people! First and foremost, I apologize if the forum is wrong but it seemed like the most appropriate one. I'm kind of in a pickle. I'm currently using my smartphone (Motorola Moto G 3rd Gen) as an audio player. The problem is that its crosstalk measurement on GSMArena aren't...
  10. A

Amir's TODO thread

Thank you! And wow! This caught me off-guard. I wasn't expecting that you would agree to test them this easily, especially this quickly. I'm at the same time excited, grateful, impressed, and humbled. My brain is confused. I think it's beer time. Anyhoo, based on my observation, the M3 is not...
  11. A

Amir's TODO thread

No idea regarding what's happening to him. I was simply referring to various comments he's made in the past in some of his blog posts. I wasn't referring to anything recent.
  12. A

Amir's TODO thread

Hello, I hope this is a fitting thread to suggest DAC/amps for review. I couldn't find a dedicated suggestions thread. FiiO K1 - ultra basic DAC/amp. SMSL M3 - I cannot seem to find any reliable information as to the output impedance of the thing, although I'm guessing it's probably around 10...
Top Bottom