• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

„Pure madness! The ava is a keeper!“

Curvature

Major Contributor
The cost to ship one speaker is minimal considering the quality and credibility that comes with a disinterested review by someone of Amir's world class capabilities. Amir's Technical Background This is NOT the job of an "editor" in Germany or anywhere else. It's the job of an audio scientist that has the proper equipt., training and adherence to scientific method that will publish the results. Otherwise, I don't think any amount of side stepping the measurement issue is going to appease the collective knowledge and BS detectors of ASR, especially when your "proof" is that the reviewer bought the sample. :facepalm: (I still subjectively really like the look though... which is worth the same as the proof you've offered.)
Can you relax? Shipping price and difficulty is a normal consideration for manufacturers and reviewers. Be more polite.

Astoneroad

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The cost to ship one speaker is minimal considering the quality and credibility that comes with a disinterested review by someone of Amir's world class capabilities. Amir's Technical Background This is NOT the job of an "editor" in Germany or anywhere else. It's the job of an audio scientist that has the proper equipt., training and adherence to scientific method that will publish the results. Otherwise, I don't think any amount of side stepping the measurement issue is going to appease the collective knowledge and BS detectors of ASR, especially when your "proof" is that the reviewer bought the sample. :facepalm: (I still subjectively really like the look though... which is worth the same as the proof you've offered.)

Can you relax? Shipping price and difficulty is a normal consideration for manufacturers and reviewers. Be more polite.
Sure. Apologies if the passion of my response came off as rude. I agree with you that shipping price and difficulty is a normal consideration, which is why I'm pushing back on that as a reason. The recent review of a large, expensive non North American speaker (TAD) is a case in point. I'll take a time out to think about my tone, although not about my resistance to accept that shipping costs for a single $8k speaker as a reason to waiver. Your advice to relax is well taken, thanks.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
No need to fill in the joke... you got it before you even read my response... lol. Sorry... I'll remove this if that crossed a line.
Since I'm not sure what to be offended about, I'll defer that. But I reserve the right to get offended later.

Astoneroad

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Since I'm not sure what to be offended about, I'll defer that. But I reserve the right to get offended later.
No offense intended in the least... and your right to get offended later... well... the future belongs to no one... but if we're both still here and can even remember the offensive innuendo... good for us... lol.

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
No offense intended in the least... and your right to get offended later... well... the future belongs to no one... but if we're both still here and can even remember the offensive innuendo... good for us... lol.
lol

Top Bottom