• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

2x8351b + w371 combo. good spl for electronic music?

DrVenom

Hello audio friends, I mainly produce and mix electronic music. Quite a while ago and as a result of a move I had to dismantle my main studio. I use to work in a very good room with sm9 focals,always very satisfied with that setup.
Now I want to return to music by setting up my dream studio which I am building from scratch on a fairly large covered terrace. The project is carried out by an acoustic professional who will be in charge of the appropriate measurements, the size of the final room itself I estimate will be approximately 6.5 meters long x 4.5 meters wide x 3.5 meters high with a drop. I'm about to pull the trigger on a 2x8351b + w371 combo. I'm sure i will be extremely pleased , but I don't want to regret not saving more money and opting for the 8361A instead, although from what I've been reading there shouldn't be much difference using the w371.

As for the SPL, will I be okay? Considering that I used the Focals SM9s and was very satisfied (even though they don't sound that loud). I don't have problems with neighbors so I'll be able to take advantage of that and I want to get the most out of my probably once in a very long time investment.

Again, im just about to order the speakers next week, most probably i will be very blown away just want to make sure I'm making a good purchase
:):)

thanks!

Arnas

Mid and tweeter drivers are same for 51b and 61a, w371 will take over the bass so there wont be any benefits from 61s.
I cant imagine how these 2 sub systems will be not enough... I if spl not enough you can pull them closer.

Top Bottom