• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

$8000 versus $14 speaker cable - with measurements

vert

Forum Donor
A google search landed me on one such forums the other day... one of the "hifi is no fun if it doesn't cost a second mortgage" places. And there was a thread about... audiophile SATA cables !!! I should have read that thread.

Pearljam5000

Master Contributor
Screenshot_20240107_091209_Chrome.jpg

I like this cable

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Not from Einstein
But we’re not expecting different results, are we? Maybe in the context of people accepting them? I think this forum has proven that repeating the mantra works: Ever more people become sceptical. It works, just slowly. In any case, the joke is on the believers: they keep buying different cables, expecting them to sound differently..

TonyJZX

Major Contributor
what's in the plastic case in the middle?

shakti stones?

Ken Tajalli

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Well...I just replaced a $4,500 pair of interconnects in my system with a pair of $40 interconnects from Amazon. (The expensive interconnects were loaned to me since I needed an pair when I got another preamp - no I wouldn't buy expensive cables).

Wanna guess if I heard any difference? :)
I could!
A sigh of relief.

CapMan

Major Contributor
Well...I just replaced a $4,500 pair of interconnects in my system with a pair of $40 interconnects from Amazon. (The expensive interconnects were loaned to me since I needed an pair when I got another preamp - no I wouldn't buy expensive cables).

Wanna guess if I heard any difference? :)
Come back and post when your system is resolving enough.

:)

Platypus20

Forum Donor
$14 for a speaker cable, what am I a Rockefeller, Vanderblit or Gates, c’mon what this world needs is a good $8 speaker cable !!!

CleanSound

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
"Your system is not resolving enough to hear the difference."
"You just don't have the hearing capabilities like I do."
"You are jealous that you can't afford these expensive cables."

theREALdotnet

Major Contributor
I wonder when a high-end boutique market for EV charge cables is going to emerge. The clientele seems predestined and will likely be receptive :D

JSmith

Master Contributor
REFERENCE Speaker Cable is an essential building block for a Connoisseur Level music or film system. It delivers extended and well-defined bass energy while creating a quiet interface between some of the most challenging speaker and amplifier combinations. Custom machined, highly polished gold-plated, tellurium copper spade lugs transfer power effortlessly through heavy, precision wound OFHC stranding.

REFERENCE Speaker Cable is handcrafted in the USA and is a significant performance upgrade compared to Ultra Speaker Cable because its networks components are more precisely matched to the cable’s inherent electrical properties and length. In addition, Reference level cables are the first products in the Transparent family to be custom calibrated for the specific electrical output characteristics of your components. REFERENCE Speaker Cable delivers deeper, tighter bass frequencies and transfers music with more refinement than ULTRA Speaker Cable

REFERENCE Speaker Cable is available in 2 versions: High Z for high output impedance and Low Z for low output impedance amplifiers, but the customization doesn’t stop there. Connector configurations and polarity to fit precisely and easily with your specific amplifier, speakers, and system layout. Contact Transparent or a Transparent dealer to determine which version is the best fit for your amplifier and to discuss the details of your system connection.

The elegant carbon fiber composite network carapace on each channel allows electromagnetic fields to expand fully and freely. The thin and stiff-walled CFC network carapaces accommodate a greater mass of epoxy resin to reduce resonance and vibrations to a much greater degree than ULTRA Speaker Cable. Isolation feet stabilize the custom-machined acrylic carapace platform to reduce resonances, and the acrylic platform fasteners bore deeply into the epoxy resin-loaded carapace to further reduce the effects of resonances and vibrations

REFERENCE Speaker is handcrafted in the USA and is upgradeable to XL, OPUS, or MAGNUM OPUS Speaker Cable.

Warranty registration not only extends the Transparent Warranty to a lifetime limited warranty for the original owner, it provides the owner with complimentary recalibration in the event that a component change requires network adjustments.

MUSICALITY​

1704851776885.png

93f581c2636e1496cb9019a3e094d34a.jpg

JSmith

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
"You are jealous that you can't afford these expensive cables."
Well, at least that one is true ;) But if I cloud, I would still not spend the money on them.

Regardless, as far as arguments go, the only true one is also the weakest. The size of a bank account has no capacity to change the nature of reality in any meaningful way ;)

Last edited:

CleanSound

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Well, at least that one is true ;) But if I cloud, I would still not spend the money on them.

Regardless, as far as arguments go, the only true one is also the weakest. The size of a bank account has no capacity to change the nature of reality in any meaningful way ;)
Those 3 arguments are the most used amongst the loudest pseudoscientists. Whenever you hear anyone of those arguments, it's a tell tale sign that there is no point of having the discussion, it's time to just move on.

Last edited:
Top Bottom