• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

A Call For Humor!

Kal Rubinson

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Forum Donor
Y6W7oDa.png

EDIT: I'm thinkin' this would be a good music video for Tracy Chapman's Fast Car. ;)
Does that illustrate a visual Doppler effect?

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Relativity joke; it's red and blue shifts. Note the length changes too.
Well, the red shift blue shift is a doppler effect. It is not relativity because the length doesn't appear to change based upon approaching or receding. It has to do with relative speed of one observer vs the other. So Doppler effect joke.

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
Does that illustrate a visual Doppler effect?

Relativity joke; it's red and blue shifts. Note the length changes too.

Yup. The ol' red shift.
My son, who's not a physicist but rather a mathematician, sent me that tonight. I guffawed when I saw it.
Relativity -- it's a thing. Where relativity comes in is that the whole spectrum of an emitter (like a star) will be shifted because, you know, time and stuff, if it's moving fast enough.
So, the headlights of the car... well... they could be interesting.

LTig

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Have you had a Tektronix lab scope in the 7000 series? They are wonderful to operate and use.
Here is a 100MHz mainframe with 150MHz vertical amps and a dual time base with magnification.
index.php
We still have an old Tek 2465 in our lab but I'm the only one left using it. Too many knobs for my younger colleagues, and the most important one (Auto) is missing ...

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
We still have an old Tek 2465 in our lab but I'm the only one left using it. Too many knobs for my younger colleagues, and the most important one (Auto) is missing ...
Auto is a crutch...lol.

DonR

Major Contributor
They will have to pry my 2225 from my cold, dead hands.

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I wouldn't be game sing a wrong note.
angry-karaoke.jpg

Waxx

Major Contributor
That's disgusting !
So disrespectful to women, they are not toilets, or toilet related.
Somebody sick in mind must have come up with this design.
Really dehumanizing for the poor girl attendant.
Off course it's disrespectfull, but it's so bad that it became funny again... funny because of the bad taste of the designer, not the design itself or the disrespect. That is the "small dick energy" a certain Greta was referring to recently I'm laughing at ...

Ken Tajalli

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Off course it's disrespectfull, but it's so bad that it became funny again... funny because of the bad taste of the designer, not the design itself or the disrespect. That is the "small dick energy" a certain Greta was referring to recently I'm laughing at ...
If it wasn't in a toilet, It would have been fine.
I am older now, have a wife and two daughters - things that I used to brush off, I find it difficult to pass by these days.
Oh well . . .
#et-tu ?
Could be a new movement! ;)

Holmz

Major Contributor
That must be a really fast car.

A RADAR gun is lower frequency the coppers usually can prosecute those cases.
But they are measuring a beat frequency so it is a bit like an inferometer.

The LIGO also uses lasers, and they seem to be able to make a measurement.
And Fibre optic and ring laser gyros also seem to work.

But it is humour, then:

Top Bottom