• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

A Call For Humor!

Boris Badinov

Master Contributor
The Humorist
AA1ehG0l.jpg

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
It’s an improvement, not perfect, like getting SINAD down from -90 to -120. Irrelevant to many but worthwhile for those who understand it.
Maybe closer to getting SINAD down to -70 db from -69.99 db. It is close to irrelevant. Plastic in multiple ways is a credible concern. Ending use of plastic shopping bags is not even 1/1000th of the problem. If you told me at great inconvenience and other costs you could fix 1/1000th of the plastic pollution problem, I would say find some part of the plastic issue worth fixing. Yes, there are tons of plastic bags made each year, but in the total of more than 400 million tons of plastic they are something like a rounding error.

DonR

Major Contributor
The biggest benefit of a plastic bag ban is waste reduction. It takes 11 reuses of a polypropylene bag to offset the environmental impact of a single-use plastic bag (which despite its name can nonetheless be reused) and 131 reuses of a cotton bag.

Ken Tajalli

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
It’s an improvement, not perfect, like getting SINAD down from -90 to -120. Irrelevant to many but worthwhile for those who understand it.
HaHa, that's a good one!
Here in UK, we do get plastic bags.
We have to pay for them, they are not free. There are better quality versions available too.
The idea is to encourage people to re-use them.
Me and my wife, do have a bunch of strong plastic or fabric bags, we use and re-use, and re-use . . .

Timcognito

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
1690579425292.png

Top Bottom