• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

A Call For Humor!

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Don't agree.
In medical care we're used to many different personalities and only thing that counts is their output (and not outfit), and that is, in my experience, mostly beyond average, and, besides, we need every helping hand.
Btw the Old Ladies love these ...
Hearing this lady talk and complain, she isn't getting many jobs even without any tattoos. My comment about the insanity of the video complaint was about the insanity, not the tattoos. Along with hey maybe tattoo stereotyping is discrimination, at the same time you have some bizarre tats like her you shouldn't be surprised if it turns people off. Maybe it shouldn't, but you have to be really naive to think it won't.

Jim Taylor

Forum Donor
Hearing this lady talk and complain, she isn't getting many jobs even without any tattoos. My comment about the insanity of the video complaint was about the insanity, not the tattoos. Along with hey maybe tattoo stereotyping is discrimination, at the same time you have some bizarre tats like her you shouldn't be surprised if it turns people off. Maybe it shouldn't, but you have to be really naive to think it won't.

Look up the philosophy of consequentialism. It's the Western version of the Sanskrit principle of Karma.

Jim

Last edited:

eriksson

Forum Donor
IMG_5460.jpeg

GM3

1714692594743.png

DonR

Major Contributor
Don't agree.
In medical care we're used to many different personalities and only thing that counts is their output (and not outfit), and that is, in my experience, mostly beyond average, and, besides, we need every helping hand.
Btw the Old Ladies love these ...
Not to belabour this topic. My daughter works in a care home and when she started 5 years ago there was a strict "no tats, no piercings" policy as they thought it would upset the residents. Once they started getting residents who had tattoos and piercings themselves and they became topics of conversation amongst themselves, the policy was dropped. A smile and a sunny disposition go a long way to dispel snap judgements made only on appearance.

napfkuchen

napfkuchen

How did this even happen? :D

View attachment 367304
Last year, directly in front of me on the autobahn, two vehicles simultaneously moved from the left and right lane to the middle lane. The rear vehicle touched the other vehicle very slightly at the level of the rear wheel (like a PIT maneuver ...). The car in front then instantly turned sideways and rolled over several times. I would have expected this in a computer game with poor driving physics or a Bollywood action film, but never in reality.

JSmith

Master Contributor
The car in front then instantly turned sideways and rolled over several times. I would have expected this in a computer game with poor driving physics or a Bollywood action film, but never in reality.
Yeah sounds like something out of GTA. :D

JSmith

Keith_W

Major Contributor
Last year, directly in front of me on the autobahn, two vehicles simultaneously moved from the left and right lane to the middle lane. The rear vehicle touched the other vehicle very slightly at the level of the rear wheel (like a PIT maneuver ...). The car in front then instantly turned sideways and rolled over several times. I would have expected this in a computer game with poor driving physics or a Bollywood action film, but never in reality.

Low tyre pressure. When subject to a lateral force, the tyre rolls under the wheel, causing the wheel to dig into the asphalt. Flippage action ensues.

Puddingbuks

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
The whole series is awesome. :D

Comment on the last one: Straight outta Kempten. :D

Last edited:
Top Bottom