• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

adjust Audyssey past 500Hz?

heboil

Hi everyone -

Here is a quick snap and question about Audyssey. I have the app downloaded and have been cutting off EQ at 500Hz as I have read. But... should I potentially adjust my own curve to tame a spike around 600Hz? I know I could just do it, upload and re-run REW to check, but was curious to see what general thoughts were. I could try and level out the slope instead of the larger 3-8dB swings up to 800Hz. Just looking for what people here recommend.

Thanks.

1711765141310.png

MacCali

Major Contributor
Hi everyone -

Here is a quick snap and question about Audyssey. I have the app downloaded and have been cutting off EQ at 500Hz as I have read. But... should I potentially adjust my own curve to tame a spike around 600Hz? I know I could just do it, upload and re-run REW to check, but was curious to see what general thoughts were. I could try and level out the slope instead of the larger 3-8dB swings up to 800Hz. Just looking for what people here recommend.

Thanks.

View attachment 360045
You should try Audyssey One. It’s using the app, plus REW to create a simple and perfect adjustment for your speakers. There’s a video on YouTube and you just upload the file for your AVR. I believe this is for home theater only, not sure if that’s what you are using

Top Bottom