• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Anyone using Peachtree Amp500??

Unclevanya

Yes. That is the "old" made in China Peachtree. The company supposedly reinvented itself and hired new engineers and designers and make their product in Canada. Having read that thread, I am interested in knowing how much the "new" Peachtree has improved its products, if any.

To be fair, the unit tested had problems (non-working output jacks) and was tested from the headphone output. It also is fair to say that there's nothing that I have read suggesting that the dac/preamp circuit is common on all their (even old) models. So generalized conclusions may be hard to justify. But the reported problems in the thread from other users definitely give me pause at least on that generation of their gear.

BF Pro Events

IFi audio Itube 2. It added the warmth and booster the gain signal. The amp is now warm and musical.

steve59

Major Contributor
I listened to the nova driving a pair of Focal Kanta 1 speakers and I didn't think the 500 sounded different than the 300 ( that failed within 15 minutes of a home demo or the nova 150. Wireless streaming, gobs of power, and an attractive package at an affordable price sound to good to be true? In my experience yes, I took home the Anthem 225i instead.

alitomr1979

I bought the Amp500 and tried it with both OG LS50 and metas. It was a clear winner, no contest against Emotiva XPA-2 gen3, the smaller one from them, Monoprice Monolith 200wpc 5 channel amp, and against Musical Fidelity M5si.

I took the unit home and paired it with my KEF R3s and even though the clarity paired with SMSL M400 DAC and using the Cambridge CXA81 as preamp is outstanding, I think there was something truly special about the pairing with the LS50 metas. The combo was constantly grabbing out attention when listening to very familiar songs my uncle and I use to demo/test gear.

I would like to see @amirm test this amp, because oth the Emotiva XPA-2 Gen3 and the Musical Fidelity M5si are really solid amps and the Amp500 was really that much better. We listened extensively and were really surprised, as I order it to demo and see how would solid separates perform against the M5si. In reality I thought The M5si with external DAC was going to be the winner but it was actually one of the least interesting amplifiers we tried during our marathon testing during the holidays.

For 1000usd (holiday special, recertified units with 2 year warranty) I think it is a super buy.

Top Bottom