• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Apollon Audio Class-D Amp Build Quality

OP
maty

maty

Major Contributor

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
And the new Purifi 1ET400A based monoblocks. 1.180 euros each.

https://www.apollonaudio.com/purifi-1et400a-apollon-audio-monoblock/

PURIFI-1ET400A-Front-Top-Pair.jpg

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
@Apollon Audio could you please share your subjective impressions of the Purifi based amp compared to the NC500 amp using same cables and opamps?

Julf

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
@Apollon Audio could you please share your subjective impressions of the Purifi based amp compared to the NC500 amp using same cables and opamps?

And what value would subjective impressions bring to the table?

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

esm

Forum Donor
Is Apollon Audio Equipment available in the US?
I ordered my NCMP8350 directly from them (shipped to California). I don't believe they have international distributors, since they build-to-order; from their website:
All amplifiers are built to order. Current lead time is 14 working days for stereo amplifiers/monoblocks and 21 days for multichannel amplifiers.

We ship worldwide - simply click "Add to Cart" or "Checkout with Paypal" to see the shipping costs.

VintageFlanker

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I highly recommend reading this thread to anyone interested in the Hypex modules and the different buffers available.

Apollon architecture Hypex: NC800SL: retour d'expérience

[French] https://www.homecinema-fr.com/forum...ex-nc800sl-retour-d-experience-t30087239.html
There is absolutely no thread of subjective opinions that can be highly recommended, especially on HCFR.

On this same forum, people are publishing listening tests about different power and speakers cables, hearing night and day differences, and even more pronounced ones after burn in.:facepalm:

Bamyasi

Only by importing directly from Austria and paying customs etc.
I did not pay any customs duty or fees with my Apollon order but this is not hundred percent guaranteed. However, in my experience Tibor will do his best to ensure CBP-safe shipping arrangements and most of the time it will work to your satisfaction. I suggest e-mailing Tibor directly if you will have questions or chatting with him on the Apollon web site.

esm

Forum Donor
It's been in daily service since I received it (Feb. 2019), and I never even notice it these days other than the relay click when it triggers on. It's a solid 8-channel amp built around a solid hypex module (x4), without any weird bells and whistles. The 12V trigger works, I've definitely managed to annoy my neighbors with it a few times, and to date I've had no technical issues other than that they didn't include US power cables (they're just normal IEC plugs, so I had plenty lying around anyway).

From a support perspective: when it originally arrived, there was some damage in shipping ("damage" is a strong word; the nuts affixing one of the Hypex modules came loose in shipping, probably from vibration, which knocked a few other things loose and required re-soldering one sheared wire). I was able to rectify the problem myself, but Tibor was very responsive and helpful; normally, I'd have had them perform repairs, but shipping back and forth from California to Austria just wasn't a reasonable thing to do, especially after there'd already been shipping damage. I have no doubt he'd have taken care of the issue properly and promptly if I'd have been unable to repair the issue, and he offered to pay for any costs associated with the repair (there weren't any, thankfully; just my time).

Anyway, tl;dr: I continue to be very happy with it, coming up on a year and a half in service, and would cheerfully order something from him again if I were in the market.

laidick

Forum Donor
It's been in daily service since I received it (Feb. 2019), and I never even notice it these days other than the relay click when it triggers on. It's a solid 8-channel amp built around a solid hypex module (x4), without any weird bells and whistles. The 12V trigger works, I've definitely managed to annoy my neighbors with it a few times, and to date I've had no technical issues other than that they didn't include US power cables (they're just normal IEC plugs, so I had plenty lying around anyway).

From a support perspective: when it originally arrived, there was some damage in shipping ("damage" is a strong word; the nuts affixing one of the Hypex modules came loose in shipping, probably from vibration, which knocked a few other things loose and required re-soldering one sheared wire). I was able to rectify the problem myself, but Tibor was very responsive and helpful; normally, I'd have had them perform repairs, but shipping back and forth from California to Austria just wasn't a reasonable thing to do, especially after there'd already been shipping damage. I have no doubt he'd have taken care of the issue properly and promptly if I'd have been unable to repair the issue, and he offered to pay for any costs associated with the repair (there weren't any, thankfully; just my time).

Anyway, tl;dr: I continue to be very happy with it, coming up on a year and a half in service, and would cheerfully order something from him again if I were in the market.

I have exactly the same experience. Really love it so far.

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Here are 2 crappy pictures of my Hypex NCore NC502MP based custom amp. Size 24 x 30 x 10.5 cm. Looks very nice to me! :)

IMG_20200805_190230.jpg

IMG_20200805_190245.jpg

And with his new friends.

IMG_20200809_122023.jpg

index.php

Edit: sound impressions here.

Last edited:

Julf

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Here are 2 crappy pictures of my Hypex NCore NC502MP based custom amp. Size 24 x 30 x 10.5 cm. Looks very nice to me! :)

Indeed, looks nice. Any pictures of the insides?

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Indeed, looks nice. Any pictures of the insides?

Just the big board nicely assembled in a modu shop case.
I wonder what the bottom left device is? Thermal sensor connected to the chassis maybe?

D35_1204b.jpg

And pin1 that everyone is so obsessed with.
D35_1207b.jpg

Last edited:

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
The Apollons inside is always a visual pleasure to see, regardless of model.
Yes, and I suppose that is the main point: when anyone can mount amp modules in a chassis, the competitive advantage is a clean and correct build. They got it right from the beginning.

Top Bottom