• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Audiophoolery humour thread

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Don't forget YouTube videos with WORTHLESS sound clips for you to listen to. All your hearing is the sound of the reviewers room and recording played back over your system. Since speakers are the biggest (By far) blanket or sound influence in your system, you don't hear anything of what the reviewer is hearing. Biggest waste of time on YouTube. Every time a subjectivist reviewer want s to play sound for me to listen to online, I cringe at the stupidity of it and it happens every day all day long.
+1
BTW, same subjectivist will claim that any compressed music is worth s#^&t, yet the glorious sound of his system, will be preserved through the compression marvels of YouTube and whatever microphone he (most of them) had on hand. The mind boggles..

Peace

Last edited:

JSmith

Master Contributor
58f7ze.jpg

JSmith

bloodshoteyed

Major Contributor
i know the song, just couldn't figure out which vid it was he posted ;)

bloodshoteyed

Major Contributor
Too bad there's not some way to know beforehand that certain videos won't show through for other people.

Anyway .... that was my bad. Sorry. Jim
nvm...like you said, you couldn't have known
interesting enough it didn't even say that it was geo-blocked (which it mostly does), but plain unavailable :oops:

JSmith

Master Contributor
View attachment 329850

^^^
Rotational velocidensity.

oh... yeah!
It's true... I had this image stored on my PC since I posed it in 2022 and the quality has degraded! *cue twilight zone music*

1701132264163.png

... in another few years, it will be illegible. Amir must run this forum on once of those special preserver servers.

JSmith

AdrianusG

It's true... I had this image stored on my PC since I posed it in 2022 and the quality has degraded! *cue twilight zone music*

View attachment 329928

... in another few years, it will be illegible. Amir must run this forum on once of those special preserver servers.

JSmith
I hope this Anonymous message is satire or meant as sarcasm... but you never know nowadays:rolleyes:

MoreWatts

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
MAD Goes Hi Fi deserves some comments.

Page 1.

“...what you are bothered by is hum, surface noise..” Sounds like tubes and record players were pretty much state of the art in 1958 already.

'Low-Fidelity' = “Porfirio Rubirosa Ariza (January 22, 1909 – July 5, 1965) was a Dominican diplomat, race car driver, soldier and polo player. He was a supporter of dictator Rafael Trujillo, and was also a political assassin under his regime. Rubirosa made his mark as an international playboy for his jet setting lifestyle and his legendary sexual prowess with women. His five spouses included two of the richest women in the world.” (Wikipedia).

The definitions for “tuner, bass, diamond needle and pitch” are spot-on.

“The human ear is only capable of hearing sounds to about 15,000 cycles.” Even then, you had to be >40 years old to afford decent home audio.

Page 2.

“…20-watt basic amplifier…” This is 10 watts more than Stereophile’s 2023 Amp Of The Year… :facepalm:

“...non-neurotic, pre-tranquilized…” turntable. Have you seen the ASR ‘vinyl renaissance' thread?

Steps 5-7, power pole upgrades. Fore-shadow of Japanese audiophiles.

Page 3. Steps 5-7. I believe ‘mother-in-law jokes' comprised ~25% of 1950s-60s ‘comedy.’ Just a personal re-collection.

Page 4. Predicts the rise of Sonos and ‘whole-house audio.’

Page 5.

“...although several of the belches suffer from distortion.” Priceless.

“Concerto for Kettledrum and Triangle.” Apparently ‘audiophile music’ has been around for awhile.

“No true Hi-Fi fan cares about the music. It’s the sound that’s important.” Most ASR music threads appear to concur. :cool:

Last edited:
Top Bottom