• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

AudioQuest NRG-X3 Review (AC Power Cord)

Rate this product:

• 1. Waste of money

Votes: 324 89.0%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 29 8.0%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 4 1.1%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 7 1.9%

• Total voters

kencreten

Forum Donor
Well, I wouldn't really be an audiophile if I didn't already know about blind listening tests, for Christ sake!
Audiophile is not a term that is respected here as "someone who knows." Usually someone saying "I'm an audiophile" tells everyone here, that they don't understand how they cannot trust their own perceptions, scientifically. When someone says, "I'm an audiophile," the term in my head that pops up is, "audiophool."

kencreten

Forum Donor
For some undecerning people, maybe?
Go away. This is the territory of weak arguments, when someone starts putting people down. Get your ass out of here as far as I'm concerned. If you can't defend your audio claims, with something other than insults, you already lost. You'll find many sympathetic ears in audiophile forums, and get all kinds of warm fuzzies for claims that do not need proof, but not here. This isn't the place for you. And believe people when they tell you that many have come in here, just like you. If you want to get somewhere with us, nice stories about what you believe about audio - with no data, does nothing. Persisting in that, you don't belong here.

Russell

Tests only give true information if they are performed with discipline and under rigorous controls.

Not only that, but a group of people will reinforce each other's opinions by means of the power of suggestion.

That reminds me of another page you might do well to read:

Jim

Your missing what I'm saying with "magic." You believe your perceptions. Your perceptions are flawed in very specific ways, and yet, apparently, you are using these flawed systems you have, to "measure the performance of cable," and have come to believe what you think based on those perceptions. It is magical thinking to believe you can perceive the differences in cables without double blind testing. My guess is, you haven't done this testing to verify your beliefs.
I've been an audiophile for decades, so I know all about it, just because you maybe can't hear subtle differences, like most audiophiles can, doesn't mean you're right. You're in the minority, actually.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Ok I get what you're saying, but I'm talking from when I was 11 or 12 years of age to the present (57). Don't you think I haven't done every test that you can come up with, throughout the decades, on my own, and with other people?
I am confident that you haven't. Your comments clearly indicate so.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
I've been an audiophile for decades, so I know all about it, just because you maybe can't hear subtle differences, like most audiophiles can, doesn't mean you're right. You're in the minority, actually.
You can be an audiophile for a million years. It won't change the fact that you are not aware of how your perception works. Conduct the simple test I talked about and then report back. Until then, you are saying things we hear every day of the week and twice on Sunday. And oh, we all perceive the same differences you talk about. We know those perceptions are faulty. You don't.

Russell

Go away. This is the territory of weak arguments, when someone starts putting people down. Get your ass out of here as far as I'm concerned. If you can't defend your audio claims, with something other than insults, you already lost. You'll find many sympathetic ears in audiophile forums, and get all kinds of warm fuzzies for claims that do not need proof, but not here. This isn't the place for you. And believe people when they tell you that many have come in here, just like you. If you want to get somewhere with us, nice stories about what you believe about audio - with no data, does nothing. Persisting in that, you don't belong here.
Lighten up Mr Angry, my comment is hardly nasty.

Russell

You can be an audiophile for a million years. It won't change the fact that you are not aware of how your perception works. Conduct the simple test I talked about and then report back. Until then, you are saying things we hear every day of the week and twice on Sunday. And oh, we all perceive the same differences you talk about. We know those perceptions are faulty. You don't.
Well, we'll agree to disagree.

Beave

Major Contributor
and I kid you not, there was a completely different presentation of the sound. I get goosebumps when something changes for the better. This cable, compared to my upgraded Samsung stock cable, was immediately satisfyingly and jaw droppingly better.

So it was "jaw droppingly better" or it was "subtle differences?"

Russell

Tests only give true information if they are performed with discipline and under rigorous controls.

Not only that, but a group of people will reinforce each other's opinions by means of the power of suggestion.

That reminds me of another page you might do well to read:

Jim

Your missing what I'm saying with "magic." You believe your perceptions. Your perceptions are flawed in very specific ways, and yet, apparently, you are using these flawed systems you have, to "measure the performance of cable," and have come to believe what you think based on those perceptions. It is magical thinking to believe you can perceive the differences in cables without double blind testing. My guess is, you haven't done this testing to verify your beliefs.
Audiophile is not a term that is respected here as "someone who knows." Usually someone saying "I'm an audiophile" tells everyone here, that they don't understand how they cannot trust their own perceptions, scientifically. When someone says, "I'm an audiophile," the term in my head that pops up is, "audiophool."
That's your opinion.
If you're into hifi, you're an audiophile by default. So if it's not liked, on here, it's probably just you and a few other people.

Beave

Major Contributor
But only when doing sighted listening comparisons. No surprise there.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Well, we'll agree to disagree.
Nope:

agree-to-disagree.png

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor

kencreten

Forum Donor
I am confident that you haven't. Your comments clearly indicate so.

That's your opinion.
If you're into hifi, you're an audiophile by default. So if it's not liked, on here, it's probably just you and a few other people.
You're talking in the wind here, so I hope you'll stop soon. When you have data for your claims, come on back.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
So it was "jaw droppingly better" or it was "subtle differences?"
Well some component was pissing all over the system (component being cable) and then jaws dropped. I can tell you this guy is wrong. How? Using his criteria, I have been doing all this longer than he has, and more than he has. See, he's wrong, I just told you why.

Top Bottom