1. WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). Come here to have fun, be ready to be teased and not take online life too seriously. We now measure and review equipment for free! Click here for details.

AXPONA 2017: Salk Signature Sound, Wells Audio, EXOGAL, Gingko Audio, Danacable

Discussion in 'AXPONA Audio Show' started by amirm, Apr 22, 2017.

1. amirm

amirm Founder/Admin CFO (Chief Fun Officer) Staff Member

Salk Signature Sound, Wells Audio, EXOGAL, Gingko Audio, Danacable
    093A8667.jpg

2. amirm

093A8674.jpg 093A8668.jpg 093A8669.jpg 093A8670.jpg 093A8671.jpg 093A8672.jpg 093A8673.jpg

3. amirm

4. Blumlein 88

Blumlein 88 Major Contributor

Oh NO! How long were you in this room? They are using Bybee stuff. You are now permanently quantum entangled with it. How can we trust your ears ever again?

Some pretty wood on that speaker though. Me likey. I do have a target rifle with a stock that looks much the same.

Like their song choice too.

oivavoi likes this.
  5. DonH56

DonH56 Major Contributor Patreon Donor Technical Expert

I have admired Jim Salk's speakers from afar and they are on my short list if I can find some to audition.

As for the Acoustic Resolution Clarifiers, obviously I need to get my wood shop up again and I could be retiring in style. Wonder how Audio Research Corporation likes their logo? And no wonder I lost all respect for the patent system long ago...

[edit] See from the website they are meant to be placed under speakers and such to provide isolation and vibration dampening. They are a stack of materials, not just wood, so I'd hav to buy some cork and rubber or what have you in my forthcoming venture. Curved to reduce contact with the floor, and flex under the weight to better isolate. Flexing implies they will not keep the speaker itself from vibrating, however.

At least they used a trumpet player, who could argue with that? :D

Last edited: Apr 22, 2017
  6. CAP

CAP Member

I enjoyed the snot out of the Exotica speakers.. Priced well for the Drivers they use.. Jims local .. Now those Sono Tube speaker spike holders.. HMMM