• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). Come here to have fun, be ready to be teased and not take online life too seriously. We now measure and review equipment for free! Click here for details.

AXPONA 2017: Salk Signature Sound, Wells Audio, EXOGAL, Gingko Audio, Danacable

Blumlein 88

Major Contributor
Oh NO! How long were you in this room? They are using Bybee stuff. You are now permanently quantum entangled with it. How can we trust your ears ever again?

Some pretty wood on that speaker though. Me likey. I do have a target rifle with a stock that looks much the same.

Like their song choice too.

DonH56

Major Contributor
Technical Expert
Patreon Donor
I have admired Jim Salk's speakers from afar and they are on my short list if I can find some to audition.

As for the Acoustic Resolution Clarifiers, obviously I need to get my wood shop up again and I could be retiring in style. Wonder how Audio Research Corporation likes their logo? And no wonder I lost all respect for the patent system long ago...

[edit] See from the website they are meant to be placed under speakers and such to provide isolation and vibration dampening. They are a stack of materials, not just wood, so I'd hav to buy some cork and rubber or what have you in my forthcoming venture. Curved to reduce contact with the floor, and flex under the weight to better isolate. Flexing implies they will not keep the speaker itself from vibrating, however.

At least they used a trumpet player, who could argue with that? :D

Last edited:

CAP

I enjoyed the snot out of the Exotica speakers.. Priced well for the Drivers they use.. Jims local .. Now those Sono Tube speaker spike holders.. HMMM

Top Bottom