• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Bass Management (High Pass Filter) in an ASR Approved System?

Hayabusa

Addicted to Fun and Learning
MiniDSP SHD has no HT bypass mode.

Yes thats a problem. The 25msec latency of dirac.
I have no experience with dirac but maybe someone who has can answer me if this would be possible:
Is the filter/fir generated by dirac and which loaded in to the SHD in an open file format?
If so: generating a fir with a 1.0 on the first tap and all other zero would kind of bypass dirac with minimal latency.

Very curious if this is possible and what the resulting new latency would be!

Hayabusa

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Yes thats a problem. The 25msec latency of dirac.
I have no experience with dirac but maybe someone who has can answer me if this would be possible:
Is the filter/fir generated by dirac and which loaded in to the SHD in an open file format?
If so: generating a fir with a 1.0 on the first tap and all other zero would kind of bypass dirac with minimal latency.

Very curious if this is possible and what the resulting new latency would be!

Or: could someone send me copy of a dirac generated filter file for the SHD?
I will try to reverse engineer :)

daftcombo

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
You could consider something like MiniDSP Nanodigi, which is 1 x SPDIF in / 4 x SPDIF out. You could then route the SPDIF outputs to a pair of SU-8s (one for the speakers and one for the subs).
You will still need something like a Topping D10 to go USB to SPDIF to enter the MiniDSP if there's no SPDIF out on the computer.

Top Bottom