• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Bookshelf speakers for 3m listening distance

kaleidos

I have lsr305 gen1 hooked to my pc. I've been saving to get another pair of bookshelf speakers in the range 400-500€, for just music listening. And maybe some films too. I don't want subwoofer, because of the added cost. I live in old building where sounds travel pretty well and I also don't want to bother neighbors too much.

Listening would not be on high volumes, but distance of room walls is 3,5m, listening distance could be about 3m. I''d prefer speakers that can get bit low too, since not getting sub. Which bookshelf pair would you suggest for this use? I've been considering Elac dpr-62 and Kali audio lp6v2. Is the 3m listening distance Ok for the Elac or Kali?

Max I could spend on speakers alone now is 500€. I could wait and save if there's really good option in ~700€ range.

Room-1.jpg

staticV3

Master Contributor
Hi @kaleidos! Welcome to ASR.

At 3m listening distance, I'd recommend you look at 8" monitors like the Adam T8V (480€), Kali LP-8v2 (480€), JBL 308P MKII (600€)

Grotti

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Hi @kaleidos! Welcome to ASR.

At 3m listening distance, I'd recommend you look at 8" monitors like the Adam T8V (480€), Kali LP-8v2 (480€), JBL 308P MKII (600€)

I listen at about 2.8 mtr with 6.5 inch midbass and I don't feel like missing something in terms of achievable volume. Just saying ;o)

Ze Frog

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I listen at about 2.8 mtr with 6.5 inch midbass and I don't feel like missing something in terms of achievable volume. Just saying ;o)
I use 5", which are more like 4" factoring in the surrounds, and same, they can do everything to more volume than I'd ever need.

Top Bottom