• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Break from Tekton Thread

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Man, it has been an intense week dealing with the Tekton situation. Someone made a great suggestion that I should do a review of something good. Powered up the Audio Precision and the software says the license is expired!!! No way to upgrade it until next work week.

So I thought the heck with it. Let's just have fun with non audio topic. Pulled up youtube and it suggested this video:

It warms my heart that Brits like our food and how great barbeque can be.

Post anything that gets us back to fun/calm mood....

madrac

Not surprised Brits like our food since their’s is typically bland or cooked to death, unless of course you are at one of the many Indian restaurants/curry houses, which is now probably more typical English cuisine

Induna

It's the middle of the night here and after waking up to pee I can't get back to sleep. Here is at the edge of the Parque Internacional La Amistad which contains 400.000 hectares of primary forest in the Talamanca mountains which cut the Isthmus in two. There are Dantas, Sloths, Pumas and Jaguares, not to mention about 5 trillion ants -- literally. I am lucky to live not far from here in a small house on a bad road in the mountains with Tinamou, Toucans, 3 types of Parrots and Agoutis most days -- along with several million ants. I'm visiting this place for a kind of meeting. It is very quiet and dark. The bed is basic. The blanket warm because, yes, it does get cold in the tropics!

We are in the transition from the dry season, Summer, to the rainy season, Winter. And boy does it rain -- over 4 meters a year.The wind is blowing. It is very dark and brilliantly clear and nothing could be less relevant that HiFi controversies. I wonder what the Jaguares think of tweeter arrays, or speaker manufactures? Are they tasty?

¡Buenas noches a todos!

Last edited:

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
Powered up the Audio Precision and the software says the license is expired!!!

Change your real time clock back in time, start the software and then let windows adjust the time (or not). I bet it doesn't kick you out after it's already up and running.

Does it read the RTC from the PC or does it have its own?

Last edited:

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Not surprised Brits like our food since their’s is typically bland or cooked to death, unless of course you are at one of the many Indian restaurants/curry houses, which is now probably more typical English cuisine
:rolleyes:

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
An audiophile mate sent me this:

image000000.JPG

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Weekend looks to be two good (though "blue") flying days for me.

It's surprising how few (if any at all) extraneous thoughts enter my mind while surfing the sky.

And, in other pressing news, for some reason my "preferred" daily use BBQ Sauce isn't available at Sam's in the 84 oz bottle for (I forget) about $8 any more.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer

diablo

Forum Donor
Visiting Americans can always pop into a McDonald's to get a taste of home though.
No wait -
McDonalds-French-Fries-Ingredients112.jpg

- they won't let us put all those tasty chemicals in the food here. :D

Graham849

Forum Donor
I just enjoyed international cusine for dinner. "Corned Beef with garlic and onion, stag chili beans, mi goreng noodles" with boiled rice chinese style on side. Washing down with 2018 shiraz. Life is good. Deacon Eves Samoan music on in background.

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Both insulting and inaccurate :)
I thought it pretty accurate!
Thank goodness London is probably the most culturally diverse city in the planet so we don’t have to eat it.
Keith

Top Bottom