• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Break from Tekton Thread

Dinesh Menon

Happy to see Tekton trouble is taken off.
So what's the takeaway for a safe getaway in the future?
Maybe putting a Disclaimer in the reviews and avoiding such Makes & Types.
Congrats Amir Sir for your Grit & Resolve.

Talented artists create melodious music, entertaining us and soothing our soul.
Music is a proven healing therapy while mere makers of speakers are fighting over the superiority of their boomboxes.

Our ears, our choice, our money and our trust on ASR forum for the right reviews.

Happy weekend.
raga-chikitsa.jpg

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
So what's the takeaway for a safe getaway in the future?

Safe? That's relative...

I fly to get away from everything.

Almost.

Let me chase Normen for a while!

(switch to highest quality playback or you might not even see Normen)

We both clocked over five hours of "getting away from it all" that flight. 4:46 flight time above. Not bad for no motor.

Last edited:

Mart68

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Things are now so rubbish in the UK that our (alleged) terrible food now features quite a long way down the list :(
The weather is number one. Although right now it's not doing anything so it's as bland as the food.

I'd put the food at number two. :) But if you like pies full of stodge then you're golden.

You could move out of London and up north - it's pretty much still like it was in the 1950s here. Although ofc there's two sides to that coin. It's hard to get decent Chinese food for a start.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
"Stodge" is a new word for me.

Thanks.

AudioSceptic

Major Contributor
"Stodge" is a new word for me.

Thanks.
From the Mac Dictionary:
"stodge | stɒdʒ | noun [mass noun] British informal
food that is heavy, filling, and high in carbohydrates: she ate her way through a plateful of stodge.
• dull and uninspired material or work: a bit of stimulation amid all the televisual Christmas stodge.
ORIGIN late 17th century (as a verb in the sense ‘stuff to stretching point’): symbolic, suggested by stuff and podge."

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
I knew "stodgy", but not its application to cuisine...

CapMan

Major Contributor
The weather is number one. Although right now it's not doing anything so it's as bland as the food.

I'd put the food at number two. :) But if you like pies full of stodge then you're golden.

You could move out of London and up north - it's pretty much still like it was in the 1950s here. Although ofc there's two sides to that coin. It's hard to get decent Chinese food for a start.
Poop in the seas and rivers is my number 1

Somafunk

Major Contributor
Just a random pic of a legless man playing a shehnai with a sacred cow standing on his groin in Anjuna, Goa.

91592323_14f2fa33db_o.jpg

And....at the risk of upsetting folk here is a pic of me about to attempt to ride down a 60ft Fin whale on my bike, I believe this was a world first yet I did not get the recognition I duly deserved, I'd like to make it known that I did not kill the whale and drag it up the shoreline to perform this dangerous stunt - it died of natural causes (marine biologists said so).

I did get what I rightly deserved in one way though, I slipped at the fluke of the tail and landed in the most foul smelling oils from the blubber, my arm went through the outer skin - I retched for days afterwards and had to burn my clothing.

126656239_2a19d9fa10_o.jpg

Last edited:

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

60+ years here and I’m not recognising this place you are all talking about.

Jim Taylor

Forum Donor
When events prove too agitating, I fall back on my old friend, Mother Nature. I try to walk 5 miles every day ... weather permitting. I find it enormously calming. This is one of my favorite trails:

1713015352810.png

This was last fall.

Jim

ampguy

Besides work, 2024 has me enjoying Mexico (Cabo and la Paz), playing guitar, photography, and finding the healthiest evoos

levimax

Major Contributor
It has been a cool and damp spring in Southern California so normal planting times have gotten pushed back a couple of weeks but this weekend I am going to be planting tomatoes, peppers, zuchini, melons, and more in my garden.

radix

Major Contributor

Frank Dernie

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
that traditional British staple, sold by an American company, based in Ireland, and made in the Netherlands
A huge number of British companies have been sold to foreigners since the Thatcher “Britain is open for business” policy and the products often no longer made here or are unrecognisable due to recipe change, like much of Cadbury chocolate.

auris

"One is not better than the other; it's just a different technique, a different taste, a different look."--Jacques Pépin

Country French Omelet versus Classic French Omelete

Top Bottom