• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Break from Tekton Thread

mglobe

Forum Donor
IMG_1120.jpeg

Timcognito

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
When it comes to dining, as a spoiled diner living 20 miles from San Francisco and wife who is a real Foodie I think I have some perspective on a diverse food scene. I was in London in 2017 doing clinical studies for our startup with couple of UK cardiologists, one of which was from India. Because we took them to many places while training them on our devices in the US, including upscale and "hole in the wall" Mexican and Chinese joints, they reciprocated with like kind. I found the food quite good in London from the everyday fish and chips, meat pies to everything from Indonesia and the Indian Sub-continent. Now these two have traveled the world and maybe they have expanded the typical British palette but for jaded person I am, food was quite tasty and satisfying.

Leeken

Not surprised Brits like our food since their’s is typically bland or cooked to death, unless of course you are at one of the many Indian restaurants/curry houses, which is now probably more typical English cuisine
We like food from our ex colonies

Martin

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Love the Brits trying Texas barbecue video. Reminds me of myself the first time I tried it.

This video has absolutely nothing to do with the first, nor with Tekton, but it is a very good reminder to always think things through and I find it hilarious:

Speaking of thinking things through - this YouTube channel produces short videos that I find equally facepalm worthy: https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBuns9Evn1w9XhnH7vVh_7C65wJbaBECK&si=x0omIM9wppUenrQN

Martin

DLS79

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
This is one of my favorites, famous people being interviewed while eating increasingly spiceyer/hotter wings!

Edit: A brit that some people love to hate eating really hot wings!!!

Last edited:

OldHvyMec

Forum Donor
I was in London a little over 4 years ago working on some drilling equipment. Any food I wanted, I found and was pleased. Norther/Southern Italian,
Asian food of all kinds, Spanish dishes like Paella and Mexican Cuisine that was almost as good as mine. GOOD fish, my oh my. I didn't look for BBQ
but I'm sure I could have found anything I was looking for.

As a kid in the 60s not so much when I was there with my family. Me Pops. USAF Senior Master Sgt. maintenance, MMAG

I remember some pretty hearty breakfast, bangers/mash and fish and chips. I love good fish and chips. I gain 10 lbs when
I work in or close to New Orlins. Softshell, jumbo, crawdad, fresh catch, catfish and crab bawl. Oops! I forgot the Tobacco.
Iced tea and sweet potato pie. Talked myself into being hungry. :)

Regards

Duke

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
This is what a paradigm shift looks like. Notice the double-take about six seconds in:

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
Speaking of trails and outdoors and whatnot: Our old neighborhood in Harvard, MA. We lived adjacent to an old Shaker community. Our property was backed up by a large swath of protected land that included a trail up to the Shakers' "Holy Hill".

A Shaker "dormitory" -- now a private residence.

The other Shaker dormitory in the village (also now a private home).

Timcognito

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
4 miles North of my house below the old Shoreline Railroad berm, on back of Pedro Point. There is a beautiful hidden beach just south of this shack known only to some surfers and nudists. A rigorous hike to get to. A favorite camping spot in my high school days. We use to make more modest shacks there. Nothing as bold as this.

Top Bottom