• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Car Powertrain of the Future - E-Fuels, Fuel cells or Battery based

Mashcky

Forum Donor
On the topic of battery progress (sorry to whoever posted this before), the CATL LFP batteries are exciting because they avoid nickel and cobalt while achieving many advantages of NMC and NCA batteries at a lower cost. Shows how there is more the industry can squeeze out of existing chemistries.

Last edited:

AdamG

Enjoy the Music your way…
Forum Donor
If you guys can’t stay away from politics/geopolitics and the like we will have no other choice than to issue a permanent thread ban. We have begged and pleaded for this over and over again. No more warnings about this. If you post something about politics again you will lose your posting privileges.

Please and thank you for cooperation and understanding.

AdamG

Enjoy the Music your way…
Forum Donor
Thank you for your cooperation reminds me of this movie scene. Which sort of rings true with my cooperation with the police. I know we need them, but.........

That’s not exactly the message I intended. A funny reference though. Maybe we should try something like that? Asking nicely seems to fall on deaf ears. Can we just stick to talking about Audio Stuff and Music? Maybe I’m asking for too much :facepalm:

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
That’s not exactly the message I intended. A funny reference though. Maybe we should try something like that? Asking nicely seems to fall on deaf ears. Can we just stick to talking about Audio Stuff and Music? Maybe I’m asking for too much :facepalm:
I did not think it was the message you intended, but it did sort of bring that to mind. I agree with your post on it all. We don't like being strong armed into to cooperating, and then thanked for the forced cooperation, but sometimes it is necessary.

Timcognito

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
If you guys can’t stay away from politics/geopolitics and the like we will have no other choice than to issue a permanent thread ban. We have begged and pleaded for this over and over again. No more warnings about this. If you post something about politics again you will lose your posting privileges.

Please and thank you for cooperation and understanding.
Please punish the offenders and they are small but consistent group that uses politics as and excuse to bait those with an interest in next generation automotive power into rancorous debates. I don't like my lp's and turntable as much as used to because of the maintenance, storage size, the pops and clicks, no remote, and having to get and flip the lp but I don't go the TT and vinyl treads and complain over and over about those things and add nothing new. I just don't post there. Think that is what has been going on here and I'll admit to taking the bait. Please don't throw the baby with the bathwater.

Salt

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Think politics are main frame, but how to go on with (beyond) it, is an individual decision.
For me it's not politics but a need of time to proceed, so I turned my back to oil for heating and warm water at home 5 years ago on my own decision and money.
Still feels fine.

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
The king doesn't need to be told
That says volumes.
is what speaks volumes. :p

202308_KingVolume.jpg

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
As previously stated - this time without the quote and emoji:

At the request of @MediumRare , I'm bowing out.

Apologies for any disruption on my part.

Timcognito

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
As previously stated - this time without the quote and emoji:

At the request of @MediumRare , I'm bowing out.

Apologies for any disruption on my part.
Don't leave us. You can change your username again and it will take awhile for some others to figure out how you got around the ignore. :facepalm:
Seriously, keep posting. :)

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Don't leave us. You can change your username again and it will take awhile for some others to figure out how you got around the ignore. :facepalm:
Seriously, keep posting. :)
Thanks - but just from the thread - in which I've not yet made an on topic post :oops:, not from ASR. All is good.

MediumRare

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
How to generate power and hydrogene by your own:

https://www.homepowersolutions.de/en/product/
All proven and readily available technologies. Just wondering the envelope of conditions for attractive ROI. That equipment looks expensive and I’m guessing there are ongoing maintenance costs. Is there any info on the ideal use case?

It’s not appealing for my situation as 1. I have a full grid interconnection with full retail credit for any excess solar PV electricity, minute-by-minute and 2. I don’t have enough excess electricity to get me through the winter, even with 100% efficiency.

Salt

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
It's a singularity, nevertheless charming.
Of course that needs maintenance, alike a conventional heating installation as well, and the pricing is somewhat prohibitive.
But for to start up with some of these ideas it's an impressive approach, at least for lodges in the woods or desperate islands ;) .

Btw they have upscaled the system for urban quarter (see ref.)

Arguing basically on monetary reasons is reasonable, but should not neglect forecasting.

I've divorced myself and house from oil, needed some 50 K€ for it, and have to do some woodwork since to get warm @ in winter, but don't regret, because it was based on my convictions. But that's half way, because re-cycle of carbon.
My next step for climate so will be excluding carbon for energy generation completely, but these techniques just may evolve the next years so to be installable in broad.

Top Bottom