• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Choosing headphones

Phoenix

Hi everyone,
I have been looking into buying new headphones and I don't know what to choose. I will be using them mainly for casuall music listening and watching movies/videos plugged directly into my smartphone or laptop. My budget is around 100eur. I came across the audio technica ath pro5x and I am considering them but I am not sure if they fit my needs, so if anyone has experience whith these headphones I would appreciate it if you can share. Also if you have any suggestions I would live to hear it. Just to mention I would like a good sound and decent bass (not very flat).
Thanks!

Timcognito

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Just typed choosing headphones in the search link upper right and checked the titles only box and hit a jackpot of discussions. Make a spot of tea or coffee first. If you really like bass then any thing from the 1More brand is good.
Click review index upper left and click headphones you can then sort by by clicking the column heads
Welcome to ASR. :)

Dunring

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I just got a Thieaudio Ghost on a $9 Apple to USB adapter and it's excellent. Just get the U.S. adapter not the EU that has half the power. If you want the Sennheiser HD600/650 sound and feel for much less, it's the way to go. They did a great job on it.

Joe Smith

Major Contributor
Sennheiser 500 line tends to up the bass response a bit at a low price (I use the discontinued HD518). I personally like the AKG K361 a lot, but the bass there is not emphasized, it follows the Harman curve.

Top Bottom