• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

DISCO it were fun fun fun

muslhead

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I heard burned in 57 strand 99.999999999% copper from 16 vestal virgins (leaving from the coast) can make disco music tolerable

Last edited:

ADU

Major Contributor
This is close enough I think. It's probably more R&B, but also has a chilled out disco beat/vibe.

AnalogSteph

Major Contributor
While straight up disco can be a bit limited in scope for my tastes, adjacent terrain has some real gems to offer.

It would have been foolish to underestimate Japan even in 1976:
The corresponding album by then 17-year-old Japanese idol singer Hiromi Iwasaki has to be one of my very favorite discopop affairs ever. Her little sister Yoshimi had a few nice albums in the early '80s, too.

Another one of my faves in a similar vein is a few years newer and by a then still rather young Junko Yagami, already complete with her legendary "aahs":
Japan had some really cool genre mixes going at the time that you rarely find anywhere else (the closest I got to something similar to city pop from the Western hemisphere was a rather obscure album by Canadian singer Patsy Gallant).

That reminds me of another good one, the brilliant Haruko Kuwana, here in a rare TV appearance:
The album was actually recorded on Hawaii if memory serves.

On a global scale, the mid-late '70s have to be pretty hard to beat music-wise.

Beershaun

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
So glad this thread popped up at this particular time. Timing couldn't be better to post this cover on this thread. :cool:

Beershaun

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hail Satin!

Reactions: ADU

Beershaun

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
From The Purple One...

Top Bottom