• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Douk Audio U3

MrNice13

Hi all,

I just bought a mini Douk u3 with the TI NE5534 he attracted me and when considering the price of the small amp when I saw him I bought it. now I only have a DAC with an optical in at my girlfriend's house so I tried with the Samsung dongle powered by a 5V anker and for real it sounds better than I thought it really make 250 ohm cans sing, but I still have a question :)

When I connect the dongle to my phone sometime for earbud I see hardware volume in UAPP so it's the amp part of the dongle I suppose that I can control with my phone button? Because with some dongle with integrated volume buttons the hardware volume control does nothing. (pretty logical)

But if I connect the latter directly to the Douk I still can control ''hardware volume'' do I put the sound at maximum in UACC the app or better to stay at -6dB,-10dB ? In fact it acts as a preamp ..?

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG-20230510-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20230510-WA0000.jpg
    396.8 KB · Views: 306

staticV3

Master Contributor
It's best to keep the Samsung dongle at 100% and to control volume solely on the Douk.

Top Bottom