• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Energy Veritas 6.3 Tower Speaker (Looking to upgrade)

epostsyed

Forum Donor
My System:

Room: Music Only. 12x12 ft.

Receiver: Yamaha R-N803 Smart Receiver
(Review)

Speaker: Energy Veritas 6.3 Tower Speaker (Pair)
(Review)

Sub: SVS SB-1000 (Crossover 60Hz)

Source: Tidal Hi-Fi subscription / Spotify Highest quality subs.

I am looking to upgrade my speakers (max $5K, preferable within $2K). I am looking for something with good treble. That is something I enjoy. Not a fan of too warm speakers.

I have auditioned B&W 705 S2. They are not heavy on the mid range. And have good treble. I felt they are missing some base (60Hz to 120Hz). Even though I was running them with my SVS sub. I did enjoy them but may be something better out there.

I compare B&W 705 S2 side by side with my Veritas, and found that the following review guy is correct.

"The response in the upper mids was a little too prominent "
"Treble C+"

Review: https://hometheaterhifi.com/reviews...eviews/energy-veritas-v28-speakers-51-system/

I was thinking B&W 702 S2 Tower. But need to listen to them. They don't have it in stock in my local store in Canada.

I have no idea where to start. So many brands. I always wonder is it possible to have speaker to create the sounds exactly the way the producer/mixer intended.

andreasmaaan

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Of those @q3cpma mentioned, Focals tend to have the most prominent treble, but without the midrange saddle typical of modern B&W. Sounds like they might be your cup of tea.

Ecosta87

I recently auditioned KEF R11s against B&W 702 S2 side by side using parts of the same song. I preferred the B&W 702 S2 by quite a bit. The 702s had better detail in my subjective ear. The treble was a lot more prominent than the R11s. The R11s had better imaging though. A Rotel A14 amp was being used and it was in an acoustically treated room. It would be great to see the B&W 702 S2s reviewed here as I’m curious how it would score.

Helicopter

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I love my Focal Arias. I have 948s in a big room.

What is your room like?

s3verma2017

My System:

Room: Music Only. 12x12 ft.

Receiver: Yamaha R-N803 Smart Receiver
(Review)

Speaker: Energy Veritas 6.3 Tower Speaker (Pair)
(Review)

Sub: SVS SB-1000 (Crossover 60Hz)

Source: Tidal Hi-Fi subscription / Spotify Highest quality subs.

I am looking to upgrade my speakers (max $5K, preferable within $2K). I am looking for something with good treble. That is something I enjoy. Not a fan of too warm speakers.

I have auditioned B&W 705 S2. They are not heavy on the mid range. And have good treble. I felt they are missing some base (60Hz to 120Hz). Even though I was running them with my SVS sub. I did enjoy them but may be something better out there.

I compare B&W 705 S2 side by side with my Veritas, and found that the following review guy is correct.

"The response in the upper mids was a little too prominent "
"Treble C+"

Review: https://hometheaterhifi.com/reviews...eviews/energy-veritas-v28-speakers-51-system/
Once you have upgraded and looking to offload your 6.3s, I can take them off your hands!
I was thinking B&W 702 S2 Tower. But need to listen to them. They don't have it in stock in my local store in Canada.

I have no idea where to start. So many brands. I always wonder is it possible to have speaker to create the sounds exactly the way the producer/mixer intended.

Helicopter

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Focal Aria 906 would be good in that room. You could add a subwoofer or two to go with them. Or for a lot more money, the Kanta no 1 with a better baffle and Beryllium tweeter. That might be a little closer to the crisp sound you prefer, but I bet they are pretty similar. If I had unlimited budget, I would have Kanta no 3 in my big room. The ivory / light walnut would go perfectly in here, and I am not convinced the more expensive models are any better until you get to Utopia, and then only because is has a subwoofer. I do like some of the real wood veneers available on the Sopras, but I actually think the Kanta looks better and it has a more advanced baffle.

Revels are probably engineered a little better, but Focals are still excellent and I prefer the styling, origin, and brand.

Top Bottom