• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Eversolo DMP-A6 Streamer Review

Rate this streamer/DAC:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 7 1.4%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 24 4.6%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 145 28.0%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 342 66.0%

• Total voters

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor

Akary

if you connect it to the TV with the HDMI output will the lyrics of the song also be displayed or is it just a replica of the display?

Monkey3017

How does it behave as a DAC via USB compared to a topping d50s?
If the D50 can sound better than the A6 depends on your speaker setup.
I don't have a D50 to compare, but I must say I love the DAC functionality of the A6 when connected to a Windows PC.

This is because the DAC is only "visible" to the PC if the USB-DAC Input is selected in the A6. Otherwise the USB appears to be neutral and Windows automatically switch off to its usual audio output. When I activate USB-DAC Windows immediately uses it. So plug in plug out is not required.
I am using a little EXE to switch between input on the PC and also control volume and the internal player. (see eversolo forum for download info).
For me this connection to a a PC is such a big benefit, that I cannot see any other device which could do that for me.

Scoobz1

Can someone help please? When i use my A6 wihtout the app I am able to adjust the volume up to the maximimum level I set on the system. However when using the app when I slide the volume down it just reverts back to maximum every time (with both Spotify and music files held on the system) ! It worked perfectly well before (just over 2 days ago) . I have a Nord power amp and I am using the A6 as a pre-amp. Unfortunately the amp and the player are not in the easiest to reach place so being able to control the amp volume via the phone app is pretty important to me

Brian Hall

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Can someone help please? When i use my A6 wihtout the app I am able to adjust the volume up to the maximimum level I set on the system. However when using the app when I slide the volume down it just reverts back to maximum every time (with both Spotify and music files held on the system) ! It worked perfectly well before (just over 2 days ago) . I have a Nord power amp and I am using the A6 as a pre-amp. Unfortunately the amp and the player are not in the easiest to reach place so being able to control the amp volume via the phone app is pretty important to me

Check your settings. There is a "Volume passthrough" option. If it is on, the DMP-A6 outputs a fixed volume. If you want to control the volume with the A6, turn that option off.

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor

Scoobz1

Check your settings. There is a "Volume passthrough" option. If it is on, the DMP-A6 outputs a fixed volume. If you want to control the volume with the A6, turn that option off.
Its not on - turned off on the app and the player ... As i said earlier it was working fine 2 days ago ...Now when the app is turned on no matter how i adjust the volume (turn it down) it just goes back to the maximum volume I set on the system .... works fine if the app is not connected. Has the app been updated ?

By way of an update: I have used the app on my ipad (which I haven't used in age) and it is fine unlike the phone where it keeps putting the volume back to the set maximum

Last edited:

Scoobz1

Its not on - turned off on the app and the player ... As i said earlier it was working fine 2 days ago ...Now when the app is turned on no matter how i adjust the volume (turn it down) it just goes back to the maximum volume I set on the system .... works fine if the app is not connected. Has the app been updated ?

By way of an update: I have used the app on my ipad (which I haven't used in age) and it is fine unlike the phone where it keeps putting the volume back to the set maximum
Deleted the existing Eversolo app, reinstalled it, now everyhting working as it should. There must have been some sort of conflict between the phone and the original app

steveoat87

Has anyone been able to get Eversolo dmp6 to play multichannel dsf files when using Roon as an endpoint. I have no trouble playing these files through the eversolo app, but when I use Roon as an endpoint I get constant stuttering and skipping of files, eventually leading to playback stopping. I have a very stable ethernet connection so I know that is not the issue. Any thoughts about this?

Nutul

Has anyone been able to get Eversolo dmp6 to play multichannel dsf files when using Roon as an endpoint. I have no trouble playing these files through the eversolo app, but when I use Roon as an endpoint I get constant stuttering and skipping of files, eventually leading to playback stopping. I have a very stable ethernet connection so I know that is not the issue. Any thoughts about this?
Well, if playing files locally has no stuttering, and through the network it has, it may be actually a network issue... multichannel DSDs actually require a "bit" of bandwidth and a stable player (Roon in this case... what machine is it running on, is it powerful...?)
Just my 2c.

mlilliman

Hi all

Am interested in buying the A6 or A6 ME, and was comparing the two on YouTube, here.

Given all the compromises of trying to compare two sources via YouTube played back over my Hypex NC252MP and Buchardt S400 mkII’s, I was surprised to hear a small tonal difference.

Subjectively, the A6 ME sounds to me more refined/relaxed with voices less “thin”, for want of a better adjective. Could this be due to any factors other than the devices themselves, such as not being volume matched?

I’m also wondering if I could use PEQ on the standard A6 to achieve a warmer sound in the lower midrange (my amp and speakers are very neutral)?

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
I couldn’t hear any difference between the two, Amir’s measurements suggest the standard A-6 is audibly transparent which would mean the ‘master edition’ has audible distortion, unlikely.

Keith

Salt

Forum Donor
Same question every month, and same answer (that is within this thread, but I'm tired of perseveration).

mlilliman

Same question every month, and same answer (that is within this thread, but I'm tired of perseveration).
Apologies… I try and read all the posts and even searched for the appropriate terms but drew a blank.

Thankfully, Keith was kind enough to provide an answer.

Salt

Forum Donor
Apologies… I try and read all the posts and even searched for the appropriate terms but drew a blank.

Thankfully, Keith was kind enough to provide an answer.
Just focussing on posts by mirror88 in this thread makes decision easy :cool:

Top Bottom