• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

godfather 3 hi-fi

Andysu

Major Contributor
i noticed hi-fi on bookshelf must be expensive maybe i can make an offer for it ?
any ideas what it is ?

ghifi.jpg

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Make them an offer they can't refuse.

OP
Andysu

Andysu

Major Contributor
another angle to show the offer can't refuse
it has lots of controls on it , what is it ?

ghifi1.jpg

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I googled for images that look like the unit in question.
- kenwood quad sound amp
- pioneer quad sound amp
- phase linear pre amp

It is a Phase Linear 4000? (Or related.)
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz s-l1600.jpg

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
A nice piece. You better buy and get a good price all those pots are going to suck up control cleaner but you'll have a nice piece when it's done.

OP
Andysu

Andysu

Major Contributor
good find , @Doodski , SQ4 on it EQ guess must be input rca on back for switch on front for switching on off ? yes , have to make an offer for it

OP
Andysu

Andysu

Major Contributor
carver , and has lot of inputs to offer , even front has lots offer controls than most high end processors
and yes i noticed the other has been modified with good offer of gold plated rca

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
carver , and has lot of inputs to offer , even front has lots offer controls than most high end processors
and yes i noticed the other has been modified with good offer of gold plated rca
The inner beauty is that everything switchable and potentiometer wise is serviceable. All are open mechanical designs.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Weeks of fun with this unit and resale on a cleaned and lub'd example should be fast and easy. Those tone control pots are maybe a challenge to get into. Unusual. Just going from the images.

Top Bottom