• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

good dap/mp3 that support both opus and aac (.m4a)?

fountain

searching for a portable player to listen my collection of songs that I downloaded with jdownloader and some songs come in opus, the rest in aac .m4a

note: if also supports flac better so I can get some songs I have in flac

ty guys :)

staticV3

Master Contributor
More details please.

What's your budget?
Do you prefer a touchscreen, or physical buttons for navigation?
What headphones will you use with it?
What size player are you looking for?

OP
fountain

fountain

More details please.

What's your budget?
Do you prefer a touchscreen, or physical buttons for navigation?
What headphones will you use with it?
What size player are you looking for?
hi, first of al thank you :)

around $50 to $250 usd, flexible budget I can look other prices too

I kinda prefer physical buttons but I don't really mind if it's touchscreen

planning to use on some iems, and hd600 combined with that iems for when im at home

bluetooth would be fine because I pretend to use it with another headphone that also have bluetooth for when im more on the go

size mainly small but I don't really care about that at all, for example I kinda like ipod size but I can adapt to all sizes without problem

for storage minimum I need 512gb capacity

cheers

P.S. if it have balanced output w

Last edited:
OP
fountain

fountain

I found one that seems good but idk if it will support the formats, I found this:

Captura de pantalla 2024-04-11 022758.png

that one is the M5 by FiiO

staticV3

Master Contributor
It looks like the FiiO M5 is discontinued. At least, I wasn't able to find any store still selling one.

Here's a list of DAPs below $250, which support AAC and Opus playback, Bluetooth output, and 512Gb of expandable storage, and which are still available New online:

-HiBy M300, R2 II, R3 II,
-Shanling M0, M0 Pro, M1s, M2X
-Hidizs AP80 Pro-X

Somafunk

Major Contributor
The Hiby R3 ii is a good small player with useful sound options and a basic but very useable UI, nice n’ light and decent battery life also has 4.4mm balanced and physical buttons on side to control the basic play/pause/skip and the volume wheel is handy. I had one earlier this year before buying my Hiby R6 iii,

OP
fountain

fountain

It looks like the FiiO M5 is discontinued. At least, I wasn't able to find any store still selling one.

Here's a list of DAPs below $250, which support AAC and Opus playback, Bluetooth output, and 512Gb of expandable storage, and which are still available New online:

-HiBy M300, R2 II, R3 II,
-Shanling M0, M0 Pro, M1s, M2X
-Hidizs AP80 Pro-X
thanks a lot! I appreciate that info <3

Top Bottom