• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Hello and I have a question about iPods and DACs

victor_laszlo

Nostalgia, loyalty, environmentalism, frugality (i.e., being cheap). I just hate to throw away something that works so well.

After further research it's clear to me that there is no digital out from this model iPod unless I buy one of the specialty (Apple-licensed) adapters that were sold when this model was current (e.g., a Pure i-20). So I am going to try using a 3.5mm headphone jack to RCA connection. I already have a few of these adapters and if they sound decent I might upgrade (e.g., AudioQuest Evergreen).

garbulky

Major Contributor
Nostalgia, loyalty, environmentalism, frugality (i.e., being cheap). I just hate to throw away something that works so well.

After further research it's clear to me that there is no digital out from this model iPod unless I buy one of the specialty (Apple-licensed) adapters that were sold when this model was current (e.g., a Pure i-20). So I am going to try using a 3.5mm headphone jack to RCA connection. I already have a few of these adapters and if they sound decent I might upgrade (e.g., AudioQuest Evergreen).
I asume you have an iphone right? Its sound quality is surprisingly good. An android phone should work about as well.

Top Bottom