• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Hello from Italy

GioF71

Forum Donor
Hello everyone, I am Giovanni from Italy.
I have been watching this forum for quite some time now, and I must say it brought me some confirmations and a lot of surprises.
Confirmations, because the Aune X1s are good as I thought they were. Good to see an objective though.
Lots of surprise, when I see boutique devices performing so-and-so and being beaten by cheaper devices. This seems to be especially true for DAC and headphone amps (and of course combo dac/amps too).
After amirm's review of the Massdrop THX 789, I decided to buy me a present for last christmas. One month wait (2 weeks in the customs), but really worth the wait.

Speaker amps seem to be a different story... the review of the Topping TP60 was a good read and led me to a better decision. It was the hypex NC400 review that led to my choice of buying a hypex based amp (North Acoustics NC502MP SE) to replace my existing PopPulse T150, which was already "OK" on my desktop with Kef LS50. But now, those speakers have started to be really enjoyable, and the difference is noticeable even at low volumes.

Enough with my impressions with the new stuff I own (subjective and biased by definition)....

A big "thank you" to Amirm for bringing so systematically an objective approach to audio, starting with the cheap(ish) stuff. That's what most of the people use.
And of course thanks to all the other members for their valuable contributions.

See you guys online!

Top Bottom