• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Help needed - Trying to find the best place before running Dirac.

John People

Hey Guys,

Just got a new house and I'm trying to figure the best place for my L+R. I'm using a spare bedroom 11x13x9. Doesn't matter what I do I always get a null. I only have 2seating positions and I'm using 4 subs. I just wanted to get the best position overall before running any sort of calibration tool since Dirac will not perform any miracles. I can't move the seating position but I might have some wiggle room to play with my towers. We get so attached to having the flattest line in REW that is a rabbit hole with no end.

The processor is an Arcam AV41 with Dirac and Bass Management and every time I finish all the positions I just can't find the best crossover for my speakers.

The REW screenshot is both L and R from both listening positions without any calibration. The speakers are 1723 S Towers from Arendal.

Attachments

• REW.PNG
    REW.PNG
    244.6 KB · Views: 34
  • REW Smoothing.PNG
    REW Smoothing.PNG
    242.2 KB · Views: 35
  • Room.jpg
    Room.jpg
    258.4 KB · Views: 34

DWPress

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Looks like a very reverberant room. There is room simulation software in REW that might help model the space but looks consistent with front/rear wall bounce/cancellation as a first guess.

OP
J

John People

Looks like a very reverberant room. There is room simulation software in REW that might help model the space but looks consistent with front/rear wall bounce/cancellation as a first guess.
Can you help me to identify that please? I have some 4x2 and 4 inches thick acoustic panels.

Top Bottom