• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Home Cinema upgrade 3.0 -> 7.1

ykcu7

Hello, I plan to expand my current setup to 7.1
What I have:
2x High-end loudspeaker Aria 926 - Focal | Focal
1x Aria CC 900 center loudspeaker - Focal | Focal
Denon AVR-X2300W 7 channel AV receiver with WiFi, Bluetooth and 3D Sound (denon.com)
4k Projector Amazon.com: Dangbei Mars Pro 4K Projector, DLP Projector with Android 4GB+128G, 2x10W HiFi Speakers, Auto Focus, Keystone HDR10 Home Theater : Electronics

The columns are spaced approximately 3.5 and 3.8 meter from the listener. The whole room is 4 x 5.5 meter

I almost bought this: Home cinema loudspeakers Dome pack 5.1 Focal | Focal
but fortunately I had read here some not very flattering reviews beforehand.

So I am looking to add 5 pcs to my current set.
2pcs SURROUND, 2pcs SURROUND BACK, 1pc Subwoofer

So far, I've chosen:
4 x ELIPSON PRESTIGE FACET 7SR https://en.elipson.com/product-page/prestige-facet-7sr
1 x SVS PB-1000 Pro SVS PB-1000 Pro Subwoofer | 12-in Driver | 325 Watts RMS (svsound.com)

In the future, with a new receiver, I would like to add 2 more pieces of PRESTIGE FACET 6ATM.

It would be very helpful if the forum community could help me evaluate my choice, or recommend something else.

Thank you very much

Martin

Steve Dallas

Major Contributor
Honestly, I would consider stopping at 5.2. Why? There is very little content in the rear surrounds. It is mostly ambient noise or copied from the side surrounds. Instead, spend that money on a 2nd subwoofer to even out and reinforce the bass in the room. If you want to upgrade later, do height channels before rear surrounds. They make much more difference.

Apesbrain

Addicted to Fun and Learning
In the future, with a new receiver, I would like to add 2 more pieces of PRESTIGE FACET 6ATM.
If you can manage it, speakers placed on or near the ceiling will be much more satisfying for height audio compared to units placed atop the front mains.

Power Pop 23

Forum Donor
BTW.......

AFAIK, the Denon X-2300W AV receiver supports the $19.99 Audyssey MultEQ Editor app for Android/iOS and the $199.99 Audyssey MultEQ-X app for Windows.

Amir reviewed the $19.99 MultEQ Editor app and judged it a useful tool that approached the results of Dirac Live and Anthem room correction software:

I perceive greater clarity when I enable Dirac Live in my system. Perhaps you would perceive greater clarity deploying one of the above apps with your Denon AVR.

OP
Y

ykcu7

Honestly, I would consider stopping at 5.2. Why? There is very little content in the rear surrounds. It is mostly ambient noise or copied from the side surrounds. Instead, spend that money on a 2nd subwoofer to even out and reinforce the bass in the room. If you want to upgrade later, do height channels before rear surrounds. They make much more difference.
Very helpful comment thank you very much, it might have occurred to me too that I don't have to buy everything at once. So the question still remains if the selected Elipson and SVS is suitable for the existing setup. Thank you.

OP
Y

ykcu7

Okay, thank you, so no PRESTIGE FACET 6ATM. Any suggestion for front height ?

Apesbrain

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Okay, thank you, so no PRESTIGE FACET 6ATM. Any suggestion for front height ?
No personal experience, but a friend uses a pair of SVS speakers and he's happy with them:

Top Bottom