• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

How is V2K - Voice to Skull done?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brownhunter

Greetings,

I have always been fascinated by sound or the generally usual application of it. You see, I occasionally search for peculiar experiments and recently discovered the phenomenon of V2K - Voice to skull.

Definition of V2K - Voice to Skull:

A silent sound device which can transmit sound into the skull of person or animals. NOTE: The sound modulation may be voice or audio subliminal messages. One application of V2K is use as an electronic scarecrow to frighten birds in the vicinity of airports.

Overall you cannot hear the sound but your brain can still interpret the words. Some have claimed this is done via high or lower frequencies or microwaves. This can travel through brick walls or metal.

One article even claimed an local was performing this experiment against them, which caused forced speech. E.g Forcing them to listen to an song.

So I started to wonder, how could this actually be done? Sending silent sound, where you cannot quite hear it and has the ability to travel through walls still? Surely it cannot be an standard speaker?

I wondered what equipment or method did they say to perform this?

One said stated:

'In actual fact, a suitably modified amateur radio transmitter operating in either the 420 to 450 megahertz band or the 1.3 gigahertz band, with a highly directional antenna, is capable of transmitting voice to skull signals at less cost than the price of an automobile.'

They are a very faint sound, therefore a person interprets them as their own thoughts. Since they are a very faint sound, only those things that are know to a person can be manipulated. Put it simply they won’t be able to teach you Chinese. An example of this is that if a person says a sentence very slowly and close to your ears, then you will only understand it if you know it or parts of it, otherwise your interpretation of what’s being said would be different as compared to what was actually said

SUSCEPTIBLE TO HYPNOSIS - “…In actual fact, a suitably modified amateur radio transmitter operating in either the 420 to 450 megahertz band or the 1.3 gigahertz band, with a highly directional antenna, is capable of transmitting voice to skull signals at less cost than the price of an automobile. In addition to simply driving a target crazy, voice to skull can cause far more severe damage to a targeted person if instead of audible voice, one of several types of SUBLIMINAL voice is transmitted instead.

Or

Other suggested using an alternated high or low frequency to perform this.

What do you think? What equipment would be used or is it possible to use an radio to create Audible sound?

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I would start with a battery powered drill and a bottle of whiskey.

buz

Forum Donor
Acid sounds like a more appropriate compound than whiskey. Might free you of the need for that drill.

If you insist on the drill, I would go for high powdered opioids (fentanyl or some such).

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor
Um. The only thing I can think of, if this is supposed to happen at a distance and not through bone conduction, is a beamforming speaker. A lot of the surrounding description doesn't make sense, frankly. You can have very narrow beams and aim them, but anyone in it's path would be able to hear it:
Watch the clip for a demo.

pfzar

a parametric speaker and uses ultrasound as a carrier for the audio. It uses the non-linear effect of Air to travel.

Wombat

Master Contributor
The secret died with Mary Tyler Moore.

Killingbeans

Major Contributor
What do you think?

That these "peculiar experiments" are being performed (or maybe just documented... or even fabricated) by people who would benefit from getting some psychiatric therapy.

Also, how does 'V2K' become 'Voice to Skull'? Skull doesn't beging with a 'K'. Neither does Cranium, so where does the 'K' come from? Is the nutcase who invented the acronym Scandinavian?

The microwave auditory effect might be real, but the whole thing with subliminal messages is just bonkers.

Last edited:

Wombat

Master Contributor
That these "peculiar experiments" are being performed (or maybe just documented... or even fabricated) by people who would benefit from getting some psychiatric therapy.

Also, how does 'V2K' become 'Voice to Skull'? Skull doesn't beging with a 'K'. Neither does Cranium, so where does the 'K' come from? Is the nutcase who invented the acronym Scandinavian?

The microwave auditory effect might be real, but the whole thing with subliminal messages is just bonkers.

Klunkhead?

infinitesymphony

Major Contributor
Well, this thread lead me down a rabbit hole of conspiracy theories peppered with letters directed to the president begging him to stop the abusive voices being beamed into the authors' heads.

Skull resonance occurs in the 500 Hz to 7.5 KHz range. You're not going to have resonance remotely close to the MHz range. Here's the study:

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/8176050/

So, I don't think it's possible unless your brain has a built-in demodulator to get the frequencies back into the range of audibility. You'd also need to have a satellite or drone tracking the beam to you the entire time to prevent anyone else from hearing the signal. What happens when you hug someone? Would you both hear the signal?

All of the articles about these topics simply use other conspiracy theory websites as their sources. There is no actual data.

Leah22@

Interesting. I'm not for sure the technology is real or not, however it could be a way search or investigate the person without going into there house. Police, surveillance teams, and etc can see and hear what a person is and saying and doing, and report it to the public.
The person using this technology can listen for keywords and phrases (what they think is evidence). Some videos posted on social media websites are by law enforcement and so are some of the public forums.

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor
Interesting. I'm not for sure the technology is real or not, however it could be a way search or investigate the person without going into there house. Police, surveillance teams, and etc can see and hear what a person is and saying and doing, and report it to the public.
The person using this technology can listen for keywords and phrases (what they think is evidence). Some videos posted on social media websites are by law enforcement and so are some of the public forums.
The tech is much simpler than what the OP discussed. Directional microphones do wonders.

If you want to be really paranoid there has been successful labwork done on a laser-based scanner that detects SPL disturance on windowpanes caused by conversations.

Leah22@

The tech is much simpler than what the OP discussed. Directional microphones do wonders.

If you want to be really paranoid there has been successful labwork done on a laser-based scanner that detects SPL disturance on windowpanes caused by conversations.

Interesting reply: law enforcement, surveillance teams and etc, have access to high tech weaponry and technology. Technology is changing and evolving. Audio devices that can pick up any sound (wire tapping or bugging according to Wikipedia)and devices that can read your thoughts.

Last edited:

infinitesymphony

Major Contributor
Targeted line of sight, vibrational, or electrical surveillance, sure. For example, researchers found a way to generate an approximation of what was on a user's screen based on the monitor coil whine picked up by the webcam microphone:

https://arstechnica.com/information...spy-on-remote-screens-through-the-webcam-mic/

One could improve this approach by getting closer with a higher-quality mic.

Devices that can read your thoughts? Could be pretty useful for dictation purposes. Let's see the data on that. :)

Leah22@

There is a difference between voice to skull according to the internet and microphones/webcams on pcs. Thank you for the article.

PaulD

Here’s the purpose of it. To make a ground soldier hear commands and give them orders while the helicopters hovering at 40,000 ft (too high to even been seen by the human eye) watch over them for enemy troops and threats.
Helicopters hover at around 10,000 feet maximum. Some can undergo forward flight at up to 25,000 feet, but not hover. Yes, even secret military helicopters... :rolleyes:

RCAWarrior

I read all your articles and I thought you might benefit from reading this man's posts on Facebook. (See https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100059314201794.)
Hello all,

I came to this forum through a Google search because I'm dealing with this crap as I type. I didn't check the Facebook link above because although I have 2 accounts, I hate the "all up in your ass" Facebook can be with your personal life.

Anyways, I know where exactly it's coming from. Neighbors who live behind me are the ones. Got into an argument about a year and half ago that got out of hand. So there response was to start using this ultrasound crap against me. I moved away for @ year and when I came back same bad attitude towards me. It started with simple crap comments almost inaudible yet still there that only I can hear. It has progressed to crappy music mixed with continuous hate comments and cussing like you would hear in the Exorsist movie mixed with a frequency generator all at the same time. And unless they want to hear what's being said here, the sadistic person pumps the volume up to where I'm deaf and can't hear anyone talk. I've found ways, some creative, to deal with it, but 24/7 takes its toll once in a while.

They do stear the beam to follow me. I don't believe it's auto steared because I have tested it with sudden movement and fooled them. I've also "lost" the beam many times, but they are using some sort of thermal imaging to see, maybe. I hear the different sounding "probe" programs used to locate and track me throughout the property. Maybe not the best imager because I've listened as the probes would pass by without seeing me. As it is, right now I'm using 1 of the "tricks" I've learned from reading the theory and well versed applications of the principle. Also, although the program they're using is computer based because of the pinpoint laser accuracy of the beam no matter where I am inside or out, it can be defeated with things as simple as a common flashlight at the point of "bounce" as in off the wall. But to do that you have to hear which direction it's coming from and I've had more then my share of practice at that.

Although there's so much more I could tell all of you about this crap, there's only so much I can type at 1 time. 1 last thing for now...there is a flaw or bug, whichever you prefer, in the program. At times I can hear their discussions about what their doing and what to do among other things talked about. We've even talked back and forth. I think they still don't believe it. Of course I don't let them know everything I hear. I'll save those for later days.

That's all for now, seems 1 of them is whispering my name.....the game begins again.

Reactions: JRS

Tom Danley

Technical Expert
Audio Company
Hello all,

I came to this forum through a Google search because I'm dealing with this crap as I type. I didn't check the Facebook link above because although I have 2 accounts, I hate the "all up in your ass" Facebook can be with your personal life.

Anyways, I know where exactly it's coming from. Neighbors who live behind me are the ones. Got into an argument about a year and half ago that got out of hand. So there response was to start using this ultrasound crap against me. I moved away for @ year and when I came back same bad attitude towards me. It started with simple crap comments almost inaudible yet still there that only I can hear. It has progressed to crappy music mixed with continuous hate comments and cussing like you would hear in the Exorsist movie mixed with a frequency generator all at the same time. And unless they want to hear what's being said here, the sadistic person pumps the volume up to where I'm deaf and can't hear anyone talk. I've found ways, some creative, to deal with it, but 24/7 takes its toll once in a while.

They do stear the beam to follow me. I don't believe it's auto steared because I have tested it with sudden movement and fooled them. I've also "lost" the beam many times, but they are using some sort of thermal imaging to see, maybe. I hear the different sounding "probe" programs used to locate and track me throughout the property. Maybe not the best imager because I've listened as the probes would pass by without seeing me. As it is, right now I'm using 1 of the "tricks" I've learned from reading the theory and well versed applications of the principle. Also, although the program they're using is computer based because of the pinpoint laser accuracy of the beam no matter where I am inside or out, it can be defeated with things as simple as a common flashlight at the point of "bounce" as in off the wall. But to do that you have to hear which direction it's coming from and I've had more then my share of practice at that.

Although there's so much more I could tell all of you about this crap, there's only so much I can type at 1 time. 1 last thing for now...there is a flaw or bug, whichever you prefer, in the program. At times I can hear their discussions about what their doing and what to do among other things talked about. We've even talked back and forth. I think they still don't believe it. Of course I don't let them know everything I hear. I'll save those for later days.

That's all for now, seems 1 of them is whispering my name.....the game begins again.

If you are serious that someone is pranking you I would offer a couple thoughts.

1 ultra sound used to project audible sounds are attenuated very quickly as a function of distance AND highly attenuated by solid materials.

It is in fact the non-linearity / absorption in air which demodulates (partially rectifies) the ultra sound carrier wave into audible sound.

2 Microwaves (RF) can cause audible sensations if intense enough BUT such things can be detected with things like a "trifield" meter. If you detect these with a meter, call the police and report the findings.

3 if your hearing things inside your house, I am reminded of a "prank" I pulled on my Mom on Halloween.

If your familiar with a paper cup telephone as a child, then you can understand the idea that vibrations can travel axially down a string. A mischievous teenager could imagine taking fishing line and thumb tacking one on to the middle of a wall and run it to a nearby tree. Instead of a paper cup microphone, one can attach the string to a speaker cone from a radio and take up a little of the string tension..

4 If there is a sound source hidden in your house, perhaps you can localize it. Put on a pair of closed back head phones and listen to the output of a microphone. With this it will be easier to hear if it's louder anywhere compared to everywhere else.
Good hunting
Tom Danley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom