• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

How much should I pay for these two amps?

MrJayHyung

IMG_4029.jpeg

Mcintosh C30 & MC2205.

I have no idea what is right price for these two. They are working perfectly but the bottom one reads STER(EO) (POW)ER.

Thanks for all the comments in advance.

muslhead

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
View attachment 363512

Mcintosh C30 & MC2205.

I have no idea what is right price for these two. They are working perfectly but the bottom one reads STER(EO) (POW)ER.

Thanks for all the comments in advance
Dont know what country you are in but you can change my filter
Here is some history for sales on the c30
and for the MC2205

You will need to compare prices and condition and see what a reasonable price would be from the history.
Keep in mind the prices listed on hifishark are asking, they dont tell you the actual selling price (yes, it would likely be lower).
Additionally, consider if its a business or individual selling. It can make a difference.

OP
M

MrJayHyung

Thanks for letting me know such website. I am currently in Korea, and looking for some audio devices here. The letters are gone. Will it make a huge difference (discount) in price? Sorry for my poor English.

OP
M

MrJayHyung

Dont know what country you are in but you can change my filter
Here is some history for sales on the c30
and for the MC2205

You will need to compare prices and condition and see what a reasonable price would be from the history.
Keep in mind the prices listed on hifishark are asking, they dont tell you the actual selling price (yes, it would likely be lower).
Additionally, consider if its a business or individual selling. It can make a difference.
Thanks

OP
M

MrJayHyung

And does anyone know why such letters are worn out? Other sellers seem to have the same issue in HifiShark lol.

Verig

What has happened to the MC2205 text? That's a bit odd and something I'd question when buying something this expensive and old.
When were they serviced or have they been?

OP
M

MrJayHyung

What has happened to the MC2205 text? That's a bit odd and something I'd question when buying something this expensive and old.
When were they serviced or have they been?

This is not something I am trying to buy, but it has the same issue. I have no idea why. It was serviced few days ago and had no problem.

TonyJZX

Major Contributor
how odd

one would assume that if you have the same thing happen on two units there's either some printing or etching (??) fault on the reverse side of the glass or some heating issue there

i would guess shouldnt be a big deal to fix??? but then why wasnt it done or does service not cover cosmetics

OP
M

MrJayHyung

how odd

one would assume that if you have the same thing happen on two units there's either some printing or etching (??) fault on the reverse side of the glass or some heating issue there

i would guess shouldnt be a big deal to fix??? but then why wasnt it done or does service not cover cosmetics
I know. It’s very odd. Will ask the seller tmr and get back with history. I am not sure to buy it though. It is quite cheap in Korea, compared to hifishark US.

Dunring

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Log into your local eBay and in the advanced search click "sold item" to see the history of what each item has sold for. Good way to get an idea for pricing locally.

Top Bottom